advertisement

Yet again Naim have a new Director

MrTiggers, question have you started any interesting threads of late? Or doing just troll around this forum flaming newbies.
It’s not interesting, it’s another excuse for members to complain about how shit Naim are compared to “the good old days”.
Any other audio company, it’s not news. Ohh, he’s not trolling btw, maybe you should withdraw the comment?

There is Naim and there is Naim! Their Status stuff, know as Statement, is rare in the UK. Lately, they have teemed up with Focal.

let’s try to put things in prospective.Yet again naim have a new Director fact is it not? So whats the biff? It’s an off topic part of the forum the informations in the public domain. Should we all hide our heads in a hole so it goes away?
I’ve loved the brand for years and years, since the never ending director changes and removal of very very long term international distributors for a million dollar handshake by a company that would rather sell you nordust than Powerline they have weaken the brand for a short term hit. While business practice change you do try to keep your good name along for the ride don’t you, I can categorically tell you they haven’t.
Seriously get it together or those Chinese are going to own you lot just like you did the them in the past and frankly with idiots like tigger running around in a blue arse fit your gonna be brown bread. In a nutshell Naim need to get there poo together or they will be no more no matter how much you all give them loves and hugs. Focaim are sucking that company soul and integrally alone with it.
Yada yada yada

I don’t get it. If only someone could write a book explaining it all. Sigh…

473-F43-F5-FC33-44-AF-987-D-96-A75-F5-FD5-B1.jpg

I’m surprised Naim’s unquestioning adherents still have not realised they are the worst enemies the brand. They like to hound those who say plainly when products are not good enough, that they are uncompetitive in a global market and that sticking world class hi-fi on a box does not make it so. The biggest ‘fans’, instead of being the harshest critics keeping the company’s products strong, have too long been mere sycophants…

Regular changes in directors are normal for companies owned by investors. They very rarely get along unless they have more money than they know what to do with. This change means absolutely nothing.
Finally somebody who actually has some real input. Thank you

It's an investor held company, they're typically looking for larger returns than owner/ founders who are much more invested in brand values. As such directors move with the money. One part of a larger fund may opt out and the board member attached to that fund gives up their seat.

There really is nothing to say here beyond expressing ones own opinion about current vs previous brand value and product quality.

I liked them more when they made simpler stuff and preferred the old design language. Who cares.

Company boards are changing all the time with directors coming and going, especially non-executive directors.

Now wondering if PFM is succumbing to a bout of sillyseasonitus?

So just another hifi brand with bills and wages to pay. Very understandable in the climate of Covid-19 and supply shortages. Directions and directors change with the times it is what it is and not what it could be as the company’s ownership play it how they see fit. I find it interesting looking at the whole picture of how a successful company runs.
Thanks for the explanation.
It’s a great shame about the awful people who bully in this forum, I just asked a question, sure loaded title but that gets the answers and the view it wasn’t intended for the Village man hunt, you awful people? who would want to give input when your meant with flames.

Did Naim get bought by Focal?

Or did they get bought by the same company that owns Focal?

I notice the new director is French if that means anything.

It’s a great shame about the awful people who bully in this forum

I totally disagree with this characterisation.

You’ve called people bullies and trolls already on this thread.

I’m in danger of using unparliamentary language so I’ll stop typing and head down to the pub with my old mates Paul Stephenson and Roy George where we will down many a draught that has been cooled for a while in the deep delved earth.

.sjb

Whatever the finance, the politics, the directors. I do find it ironic that Naim were purchased by the worst possible speaker brand for their equipment.

Naim and Focal. It's like chocolate and beer. Not a combination you think of.

advertisement

Back