advertisement

Yet again Naim have a new Director

FFS when will this end? Do you do this with all audio companies? I know the answer is no, so why keep obsessing about Naim?
Popularity is not popular on hifi forums.
Came from nothing & expanded it's empire through sheer diligence to keep going in the modern world of hifi reproduction. I applaud them.
No modern company is the same as it was 30 years ago, Naim is no different.

Im reasonably new to posting here and seems a bit wild west with fell language and bullying.

I don’t applaud bullying but that can be in the eye of the beholder. Otherwise what you state is what is great about this forum, anything perceived as BS will be called out. Long may it last.

I understand both sides of the heat so far. But I do understand that the thread reads a bit like
“Naim director put Pirelli tyres on his new electric bike, is this normal in hifi companies or any company for that matter?”

And you clearly have no idea what a troll is.

.sjb

The ‘Yet again’ in the thread title doesn’t help, it makes it sound like there’s a revolving door of directors. I haven’t checked but I can’t imagine that’s the case.

Cheers BB

Why is it in off topic?
It’s bad enough the audio thread being riddled with anti Naim threads without spreading it elsewhere.

Naim, never heard of them, no tell a lie, I heard a full Naim system in the late 80's, nowt to remember

Thread moved.

PS I assume they are still owned by the same venture capital company that owns Focal, or has that changed too? Corporate ‘churn’ is nothing new. Folk move around. The interesting thing is who makes the real design decisions, but that’s likely a different level of the management tree.

let’s try to put things in prospective.Yet again naim have a new Director fact is it not? So whats the biff? It’s an off topic part of the forum the informations in the public domain. Should we all hide our heads in a hole so it goes away?
I’ve loved the brand for years and years, since the never ending director changes and removal of very very long term international distributors for a million dollar handshake by a company that would rather sell you nordust than Powerline they have weaken the brand for a short term hit. While business practice change you do try to keep your good name along for the ride don’t you, I can categorically tell you they haven’t.
Seriously get it together or those Chinese are going to own you lot just like you did the them in the past and frankly with idiots like tigger running around in a blue arse fit your gonna be brown bread. In a nutshell Naim need to get there poo together or they will be no more no matter how much you all give them loves and hugs. Focaim are sucking that company soul and integrally alone with it.

Thread moved.

PS I assume they are still owned by the same venture capital company that owns Focal, or has that changed too? Corporate ‘churn’ is nothing new. Folk move around. The interesting thing is who makes the real design decisions, but that’s likely a different level of the management tree.

I work in a company we have an excellent product. Part of that excellent product is its social responsibility and. customer services the ethics the way you treat people that have treated you well for years, to me Naim are more than just a box that makes a noise unlike some mono cells around here. Naim sell the past but in reality do not practice it. Hoping the new direction from the new director sees that.

Have you tried asking the question on the Naim forum? Surely they’d be more likely to know the answer than the weirdos and deadbeats on pfm.
That is were I found the information out, checking back, looks like Richard woke up and deleted it as I can’t seem to find out.

Well obviously some people do, or this would be a very short thread.

It’s another complex question to which there is no easy answer. Does a company have such a thing as a ‘soul’? If so, does a change of ownership or management mean that the soul is at risk? (See, for example, MUFC).

Well obviously some people do, or this would be a very short thread.

It’s another complex question to which there is no easy answer. Does a company have such a thing as a ‘soul’? If so, does a change of ownership or management mean that the soul is at risk? (See, for example, MUFC).
Back in day dealerships would come out and spend time setting the kits up in particular the more pricy boxes. JV even sent an engineer to the Sates to remedy a problem with a six pack or 135. The culture of the Naim was its heart and soul and all about the music with excellent of customer service. Can’t say for you in the UK but down under once you out the door your on your own pretty much. It’s more than a box it’s the whole experience which now no longer exists over here.
Yes things change but don’t tell us the JV story and how he rolled because Naim don’t roll like anymore.

I work in a company we have an excellent product. Part of that excellent product is its social responsibility and. customer services the ethics the way you treat people that have treated you well for years, to me Naim are more than just a box that makes a noise unlike some mono cells around here. Naim sell the past but in reality do not practice it. Hoping the new direction from the new director sees that.
Presumably your company ethics would prevent you from referring to clients as 'mono cells' or 'idiots...running around in a blue arse fit'?

Regular changes in directors are normal for companies owned by investors. They very rarely get along unless they have more money than they know what to do with. This change means absolutely nothing.

I don't get this thread...

Investors invest in companies that make money, regardless whether they look after customers and regardless of what they sell. If the company, lead by directors doesn't make money then directors are replaced.

If your profit margin is high enough and the company doesn't have to do Customer service, then more profit for the company...

We don't, and never really did, live in a twee world..

These threads pop up from time to time. The thing that interests me about any art or business is the innovation and design. That is almost always down to one person’s drive, vision and innovation: Ed Villchur, Guy Fountain, Peter Walker, Paul Klipsch, Saul Marantz, Jim Rogers, Harold Leak, Mark Levinson etc. With Naim that person was Julian Vereker. What happens to a company after their exit is usually of no interest to me as I’ll just shift interest to another brand that is at that peak of innovation curve. With audio I tend to look backwards in most respects as it is a mature technology and most of the real innovation was done a lifetime ago. With cutting edge stuff I’d follow specific designers, e.g. if I was looking for a new DAC I’d be assessing Rob Watts current Chord offerings as he’s been at the forefront of digital audio since the Deltec/DPA days in the ‘80s. I’ve little interest in the name on the front of a box, the design vision is what matters.

advertisement

Back