advertisement

Finally got a decent photo of my system including the dog!!

299174594_10159903651996250_6795251468134384118_n.jpg

Yeah, absolutely. We need a system list please. Wilson Benesch speakers and sub, and a lampizator Dac I think?

LDMS Server
Lampizator Pacific DAC
Audionet Stern pre
Audionet Heisenberg amps
Wilson Benesch Resolution speakers
Wilson Benesch Torus subs

TT is AMG Viella plus Nagra BPS phono stage but barely gets used as digital is so good.
Also in the pic is Z-Axis Symmetrica balanced power supply.

Finally got a decent photo of my system including the dog!!

299174594_10159903651996250_6795251468134384118_n.jpg

I used to have twin Torus subs (with a set of WB Trinity speakers. Sold them to my brother when I upscaled my speakers but may get them back at some point. You are using just the one torus amp? Two is better IMO.

I used to have twin Torus subs (with a set of WB Trinity speakers. Sold them to my brother when I upscaled my speakers but may get them back at some point. You are using just the one torus amp? Two is better IMO.

There are two Torus (the other is hidden behind the sofa). They are currently being run via miniDSP with a custom filter, and a pair of 500W Class D monoblocs - gives a much smoother bass response than the WB amps.

nice. I have L-ites and a Vena 1 in a desktop system. Was that a factory finish or did you paint them? I’ve got the mahogany finish, and the high gloss finish is a little iffy. I haven’t tried polish pint them, but refinishing is an option I hadn’t considered.

Thankyou :)
I got mine cheap because the wood had bleach marks (£60)

Eventually decided to respray with car paint. Flatted off the high gloss with fine grade wet 'n dry, coat of primer and a couple of coats of matt grey - which always comes out a little bit eggshell IME (other finishes are available ;) )
I chose a grey that was quite near the colour of my Quad 33 to keep it sympathetic ....

Stripped the black grills and recovered with upholstery scrim (very open weave) - gave them a couple of light coats of diluted water based varnish to reduce fluff.

Another pair of Mk1 Linn Kans grace the listening room.

I think those stands are back to front - even though they look just as good like that.
I've seen some Solid Steel stands with badges on the flat front and some without.
Of the two pairs I have, only one out of four is bagged, which made me look it up on their web site.
Strange quality control considering the price.

advertisement

Back