advertisement

Whisky II

Why whisky collection in my Tomintoul place has been growing at a reasonable pace, and has needed another shelf allocated to it:

172855514.lmYj6aWg.w101.jpg

I think I've landed another springbank 15 at one of local bottle shops, just as well I really like the stuff as it is about the only one I can land consistently. If anyone has not tried it and would like to, please hit me up and I'll see what I can do for sending a sample along, UK only though. I tried sending a sample of local barley to a dude in Austria and I think it is still at customs.

The watch issue is I suspect local to China and their current economic situation, of course this downturn will be visiting us but for different reasons. The 2nd hand price is way over the retail price as Rolexes are low production/high demand. The retail price isn’t coming down. New whisky prices might stop skyrocketing is China buys less of it…let’s hope!

Yep, said the same thing to my wife today, Costco tends to have some pretty good deals but sells out very quickly - will likely pop over this evening!

I was lucky enough to land the Kilkerran single cask from Cadenheads in Edinburgh along with another Springbank 15, have Kilkerran 16 set aside for pay day next week. They have a few of Kilkerran 16 in stock if anyone is looking for one. There were also a few cases of Springbank 15 and 10's in the back though I don't know if these were reserved or not.

Happy Campbeltown hunting

I contacted Cadenheads by email and they said all lists for Springbank are closed and I should buy from the Distillery shop. Which is not possible. I sense they are cutting allocations of the 15 and 18s to online to throttle the Flippers which is fair enough.
So it's been online only, and I was lucky with a 15 from HoM. Entered several ballots but came out sucking my thumb.
Lots of unhappy hunters out there...though the SP10 and KKs are sticking around. Frustratingly everyone is saying the KK16 is their best yet but I've got one open and two spare from last year...

Did that include tax?

No, sales tax in San Diego is 7.75%, prices in the US don't include tax as the tax varies State to State and even within the State (down the road in Chula Vista it's 8.75% as they have an additional 1% city tax).

advertisement

Back