advertisement

gi.mpl

thanks. I’m lucky to have a partner who shares my aesthetic sensibilities. The MCM thing carries on as the other wall has the ladderax on it :)

TCTrWBr.jpg

It just gets better and better! Not sure where you're based but this place in Brighton usually has a lot of very lovely MCM furniture: www.era-brighton.com

My own room is a place I've created to feel very special. This is the house I moved into after my marriage broke down and I was resolute in two things: one is having the best hifi I could possible afford and the second was creating an aesthetic I felt at peace in. My ex wasn't much of an aesthete at all so this room was a big step up from the otherwise asinine grey space I was used to! I never appreciated how much of a positive impact environment could have on your well being. Almost as much as having music back in my life (which was also something I was obliged to forgo!)

The photograph on above the firelpace is my own BTW and is available for sale if anyone is interested!

IMG_1676 by Greg Turner, on Flickr

That's a very tasteful room... almost looks as though you have had an interior designer do it.

Outrageous amps - no need for the central heating this winter?

It just gets better and better! Not sure where you're based but this place in Brighton usually has a lot of very lovely MCM furniture: www.era-brighton.com

My own room is a place I've created to feel very special. This is the house I moved into after my marriage broke down and I was resolute in two things: one is having the best hifi I could possible afford and the second was creating an aesthetic I felt at peace in. My ex wasn't much of an aesthete at all so this room was a big step up from the otherwise asinine grey space I was used to! I never appreciated how much of a positive impact environment could have on your well being. Almost as much as having music back in my life (which was also something I was obliged to forgo!)

The photograph on above the firelpace is my own BTW and is available for sale if anyone is interested!

IMG_1676 by Greg Turner, on Flickr

Love it.... i agree that having a relaxing space is vital. How can you enjoy music in a bare utilitarian space. No offence to anyone on here, but some of the rooms I see the hifi sitting in, feel like storage rooms, offices and portacabins. They have no soul or aesthetic pleasure. I couldn't enjoy music in a space like that.

your room looks great.

That's a very tasteful room... almost looks as though you have had an interior designer do it.

Outrageous amps - no need for the central heating this winter?

Yeah the amps run about 400 watts of heat for their 20 watts of output and it does get really warm in the winter. You need the windows open when it's this warm and obviously that means you either have to suffer the heat or turn the volume down when listening later in the evening! In the winter, there's simply no need for the heating to be on at all!

I've been dating since my marriage ended and the (few) women who have been to my place, the first time they see the place, after a few minutes they usually pause and with a quizically cocked head ask 'you sure you decorated this place yourself?' :D I usually just admit that I'm very in touch with my feminine side and like to leverage what modest aesthetically sense I have (I am a somewhat accomplished photographer so have developed something like a sense of aesthetics, but laurence llewelyn-bowen isn't updating his CV just yet.

Geetee... That IS a truly special room !. Those chairs / sofa !, eyeball pop

You're too kind, thankyou!

Love it.... i agree that having a relaxing space is vital. How can you enjoy music in a bare utilitarian space. No offence to anyone on here, but some of the rooms I see the hifi sitting in, feel like storage rooms, offices and portacabins. They have no soul or aesthetic pleasure. I couldn't enjoy music in a space like that.

your room looks great.

Again thank you and yes, some of the rooms I see on forums or generally often don't look like places you would enjoy spending time; the greatest transgression is not having any windows and no natural light!

advertisement

Back