advertisement

Cyclists to be awarded equality with motorists.

Legal e-bikes are limited. There are huge numbers of unlimited e-bikes operating in Bristol. Some of the motocross-style models are effectively electric motorbikes rather than electric bicycles. They are that fast.
But that is irrelevant to this topic as they are illegal so the police have powers to prosecute.

I have seen a scary fast one near me, must have been doing 35 mph, rider with no helmet, wearing a hoodie. It’s just the same with motocross bikes, no number plate, no insurance & rider with no license etc.

Well, speaking as one of the idiots, it was very clearly a joke. And I don't think I've said anything on this thread that would justify labelling me as an idiot. You, however...
Problem is, cyclists have to face aggressive drivers every day emboldened by precisely this sort of nonsense. I live in the bloody sticks and there's always some monumental bellend prepared to have a pop or pass too close because 'they think it's a joke'. I'd say it's well within the definition of fair comment to describe anyone that thinks this is funny as a '****ing idiot'.

Jesus, people don't deserve cool stuff like cars as so many of them are ****ing idiots.

But that is irrelevant to this topic as they are illegal so the police have powers to prosecute.

I have seen a scary fast one near me, must have been doing 35 mph, rider with no helmet, wearing a hoodie. It’s just the same with motocross bikes, no number plate, no insurance & rider with no license etc.
Saw one this evening , I was waiting at a red light, he jumped the light at about 25mph and turned right across the 4 lane major road. As you can guess, no plate, no helmet, no insurance.

Saw one this evening , I was waiting at a red light, he jumped the light at about 25mph and turned right across the 4 lane major road. As you can guess, no plate, no helmet, no insurance.

knobheads everywhere, on two wheels, on 4 wheels,on foot and on this thread..... they have to be treated equally in the event of them injuring or killing someone...

Yes, why is it so difficult, as I said earlier, red light..... JUST STOP. And I m a bike ist, don't drive anymore. And I think it goes along generally with the lowering
of standards in society. Missed doctors appointments, repeat offenders at A and E on Friday nights, fly tippers and much other stuff of course. Some people seemed
to refuse to do the simple things in life. Nearly forgot speeding drivers as well

I don’t see cyclists jumping red lights with any great regularity up here but I don’t commute by bike.

I think there is no evidence that cyclists do it any more than other road users.

I don’t see cyclists jumping red lights with any great regularity up here but I don’t commute by bike.

I think there is no evidence that cyclists do it any more than other road users.
Seriously ?. May be different up your way, but London s really bad for it

Was that joke funny?

Some years ago I arrived at work on my own bike to find the junction at Old St/Goswell Rd/Clerkenwell Rd cordoned off, emergency services in attendance and a large pool of blood being sawdusted and brushed into the gutter where a young woman cyclist had been crushed to death under a cement lorry.

So no, I don't find that joke very funny.

If you analyse humour, a very great deal of it is in bad taste, or shocking in some regard. Humour is often regarded as a sort of social relief valve. Bland jokes tend not to be very funny. It’s not fair to single out one joke that touches a raw nerve in you, if you laugh at others which might (for all you know) do the same to somebody else. So let’s not get too het up about a lighthearted throwaway remark, hey?

Seriously ?. May be different up your way, but London s really bad for it

It sounds like a long pair of ladders would come in handy for you're crossing the road down there lol

EDIT I is joking of course... you'd obviously be better off with a pair of telescopic ladders for ease of portability.

sorry to say I see it almost on a daily basis, it is pretty poor in London, but Cambridge is terrible for it.

knobheads everywhere, on two wheels, on 4 wheels,on foot and on this thread..... they have to be treated equally in the event of them injuring or killing someone...
I'm unconcerned, tonight's example is going to get his Darwin award very soon if he carries on whizzing into the likes of Henconner Lane at speed against a red light. Coming soon to a Casualty ward in Leeds or Bradford via an episode of West Yorkshire Paramedic Helicopter Action Interceptors On Ice.

advertisement

Back