advertisement

Latest incarnation, and one that is likely to hang around for a while, as to these humble ears, this system is almost perfection. Clean and open with no sense of veiling or restraint, and yet gloriously smooth and natural when needed. It can rock, it can swing and it can chill out.

x6Gq7oJ.jpg

GP9P7PV.jpg

zbaYGe7.jpg

Tj7HYvV.jpg

And a little rear and corner acoustic treatment for good measure:

XaOY5IA.jpg

That is a charming and very tastefully appointed room; are you not tempted to ditch the big horrible rectangular thingy (not sure what it is but it's ugly) in front of the fireplace? It's kind of ruining the otherwise sublime aesthetics. Also noted the lovely collection of film cameras.

Well, the big guys are in da house after a long trip across Europe.

52272034579_620e784d9b_b.jpg

I'm still struggling to come to terms with how good they are.

52272263420_17d2c18c19_b.jpg

I am also struggling to come to terms with how heavy the P6 amplifier is (50kg). When it's running, it will heat the room nicely, but not such a good idea in this hot weather!

52272263535_e408940aff_b.jpg

Having been through Briks, NBLs etc in my quest, I'm not one to use words such as 'imaging' but these guys have it in spades - now I'm a convert of wide baffles!
I can wax lyrical, but one anecdote does it all. Once set up, I played a few favourite tracks, including Sailing to Philadelphia. Before I knew it, Signora came into the room with tears running down her face. She was mesmerised by the music.
It certainly helped justify the experiment! Now I'm getting used to goosebumps every time I play something.
I'll hang on to the shipping crates, as I expect I'll be buried in them.

I have a lot of time for ATC. Never knew they did elegant though! Lovely.

Latest incarnation, and one that is likely to hang around for a while, as to these humble ears, this system is almost perfection. Clean and open with no sense of veiling or restraint, and yet gloriously smooth and natural when needed. It can rock, it can swing and it can chill out.

x6Gq7oJ.jpg

GP9P7PV.jpg

zbaYGe7.jpg

Tj7HYvV.jpg

And a little rear and corner acoustic treatment for good measure:

XaOY5IA.jpg

Nice plants.

the Bigger story is the Picasso on the left. I bought it in a junky second hand shop as a nice print. Turned out to be one of a short number of artist signed prints from 1960, and is in its original frame. So it's "almost" a real picasso! best bargain i ever found.

Wow! Nice find!

I also have a Hegel amp with Harbeth speakers, although mine's only an H190. Also got the Hegel phono which is quite nice.

Mostly I wanted to acknowledge you for not having the sofa against the wall! (and the Picasso...)

I also have a Hegel amp with Harbeth speakers, although mine's only an H190. Also got the Hegel phono which is quite nice.

Mostly I wanted to acknowledge you for not having the sofa against the wall! (and the Picasso...)

Thanks... we all know its hard to maintain domestic harmony, visual bliss and audio perfection. This setup is a fairly solid nod to all three, i like how it looks, the speakers are pretty much exactly where they need to be and being a 5x6m room, there's enough space to get the sofa away from the back wall.

That is a charming and very tastefully appointed room; are you not tempted to ditch the big horrible rectangular thingy (not sure what it is but it's ugly) in front of the fireplace? It's kind of ruining the otherwise sublime aesthetics. Also noted the lovely collection of film cameras.

wouldn't that be nice... but we watch a fair amount of movies. We tried the TV in other positions and sadly this was just the only real situation that worked without being a complete pain in the arse.

How about a Samsung frame TV above the fireplace? We have one and they’re pretty good.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/lifestyle-tvs/the-frame/

i also hate people that Mount TV’s in places that mean I need neck surgery the next day!

my TV is also the smallest high end OLED you can get. And it performs superbly. So I won’t be replacing my expensive telly with another just to get a prettier frame :)

I’m not that much of a style sucker almost, but not quite

wouldn't that be nice... but we watch a fair amount of movies. We tried the TV in other positions and sadly this was just the only real situation that worked without being a complete pain in the arse.

Movies are the one thing I do miss (haven't had a tv for three years!) Still, I really do love your room; love the MCM taste and the houseplants. Oh and the green sofa is gorgeous (I have the same colour scheme in my room!)

Movies are the one thing I do miss (haven't had a tv for three years!) Still, I really do love your room; love the MCM taste and the houseplants. Oh and the green sofa is gorgeous (I have the same colour scheme in my room!)

thanks. I’m lucky to have a partner who shares my aesthetic sensibilities. The MCM thing carries on as the other wall has the ladderax on it :)

TCTrWBr.jpg

advertisement

Back