advertisement

Mober is back.

Yes, I got an e-mail from Gordon today. Didn't realize Edmund had been off the grid for a while but haven't seen any ads or forum postings from him for a while.

Anyone using the subchassis? Looks interesting as a one piece aluminum product for the price.

Yes Adam @hifiaf has a Mober sub-chassis, he also tried Kore and Greenstreet which as a clone of Keel I would assume is very similar. He kept the Mober. If you Google his blog you can read all about the stuff he tried, I recall a good few posts about sub-chassis back in the day.

IIRC it has a couple of notable characteristics, it is hard to get access to turn springs making set up harder and comes with a large white "Mober" where the Linn logo would be which you might or might not enjoy.

On the plus side it is the cheapest one piece sub-chassis solution and is available for various arms, ARO included, though it needs drilling for AROmatic if you need that

Yes Adam @hifiaf has a Mober sub-chassis, he also tried Kore and Greenstreet which as a clone of Keel I would assume is very similar. He kept the Mober. If you Google his blog you can read all about the stuff he tried, I recall a good few posts about sub-chassis back in the day.

IIRC it has a couple of notable characteristics, it is hard to get access to turn springs making set up harder and comes with a large white "Mober" where the Linn logo would be which you might or might not enjoy.

On the plus side it is the cheapest one piece sub-chassis solution and is available for various arms, ARO included, though it needs drilling for AROmatic if you need that

I had a look at that review which shows the underside with the springs, and yes it would be quite a challenge to turn the grommet and springs to adjust the suspension. I don’t see how you could get your fingers in there to grab the grommet.

DSC01431-1612x1075.jpg

Now have a look at the Greenstreet which is a Klone of the Keel. No problem tuning the suspension as I have direct experience with the pictured deck.

rrONdfQ.jpg

I believe there were some changes to the Mober sub-chassis so perhaps Edmund looked to address the issues with rotating springs. I believe Adam resolved the issue with very thin teflon washers, though that may be frowned upon by purists that say you should not lubricate the springs to ease set up as it allows set up to wander more easily too. YMMV.

If Edmund has downed tools for a while during his move then perhaps people sat on stock have increased the prices? As John says it looks like they remain £400 from Stamford, prices elsewhere and distribution elsewhere is unknown to me. It always used to be you could deal with Edmund directly and I suspect the price would be closer to, or better than, the £400.

I had a look at that review which shows the underside with the springs, and yes it would be quite a challenge to turn the grommet and springs to adjust the suspension. I don’t see how you could get your fingers in there to grab the grommet.
Non issue.

DSC01431-1612x1075.jpg

Now have a look at the Greenstreet which is a Klone of the Keel. No problem tuning the suspension as I have direct experience with the pictured deck.

rrONdfQ.jpg

Non issue.
Good, as I have an ARO Mober sub-chassis I have yet to fit! I need to pull my finger out and get round to drilling the AROmatic hole.

I am happy to have the Mober branding on there, my bag of Linn/Naim/TP/Mober bits may as well proudly show itself for what it is, the Mose Hercules II being unadorned.

Unless the Mober subchassis has changed, I don’t see how turning the spring and grommet would be a nonissue. Please explain.

advertisement

Back