advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

No sooner said than done. (Two-and-a-bit years ago, in fact!)

49939265642_d17bfec140_c.jpg

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/christmas-wine.222932/page-82#post-4001302

I see the green-and-cream hosta is still in the same place (bottom right.) Most other things are subtly different now (25lbs less of me, for starters.) And I finally got that brick behind the drainpipe replaced.

Fire away...!
Finally I understand MMT!

Quick, let's distract them with this picture of me, aged five:

3598205917-817bfb7b71-o.jpg

3598205917-817bfb7b71-o.jpg

If that's what it takes ... me, at seven:

Are you two sure you weren’t found in a basket together under the bulrushes, or with a pair of wolves or some such?

(I tried to quote Martin’s pic but he’s obviously sprayed it with some kind of potion that makes it impervious to even my cleverest methods - which are really, I admit, toddler level.)

I don't.
at least, not that often...

hammer.jpg
This reminds me of an incident at secondary school.

It was a very hot day, and we were just lounging around in the schoolyard at lunchtime. One of my friends had a magnifying glass, and was focusing the sun's rays on the shoulder of the French teacher. After a minute or two, the teacher turned round and said 'What do you think you're doing, boy?' to which the boy replied 'Setting fire to your jacket, sir.'

With admirable restraint, the teacher simply said 'Well, don't.'

Dear G&T,

I know there is a pets thread, and I know this is a dare break the screen selfie picture thread. I have a Terrier. and it understands me. Therefore I can tease humans quite well! The paradox is Luna was looking quite horrendous from that angle, so giving me a run for the money in the non-photogenic department!!

Best wishes from George

Last edited:
Well, here goes…

From left

My brother Simon, died 23rd June 2020 aged 53.
Our much loved dog Skip, died 1996 aged 14 ish.
Me, still here, somehow.
My lovely old mum, died May 3rd 2022, aged 77.
My dad, went into a care home, 30 March 2022, Alzheimer’s.

And to that, since February 2020, add our lovely old cat Ziggy, two uncles, an aunt, a cousin, my brother’s mother in law (Covid).
It has been a challenge for 30 months!

I have zero photographs of myself without being on a bike, actually that’s a wee lie as I do have 6 other pics but they are the after effects of crashing and show bone and copious amounts of blood so I’ll keep them to myself.

675906392_56f7c6973e_o.jpg

and an arty shot of me taken by Sterling Lawrence, prob the most well known/famous mtb/action sport photographer.

52267078542_e122468029_k.jpg

advertisement

Back