advertisement

Cyclists to be awarded equality with motorists.

It’s good that everyone should be held responsible for their actions. That we all agree on.
People should be encouraged to cycle though to cut down carbon emissions and get people fit so all this talk about getting licences and tests etc will never happen. Motorists need to move on and find something else to moan about.

What is it about cycle lanes that make them so unattractive to cyclists?

My observation is that Stravaslaves and TD F'ers don't like to use them because they will lose precious seconds off their KOM figures or whatever.
OTOH, some are so badly designed that they are dangerous to use e.g. many just end when the road narrows, chucking you straight into the path of fast moving traffic. Then there's all the dosy gits who just wonder across them gazing at their oversized phone screens.

The newer ones are much better and have much more continuous sections away from traffic. I recently explored the soon-to-be opened ELOR ones and they are excellent.
I use cycle lanes whenever possible and avoid dangerous roads, particularly at rush hour! Makes me laugh that car drivers are so keen to spend as little time as possible in the beloved vehicle that they spent a fortune on.

Its not really slagging off, its merely stating people should be held account for their actions when piloting a moving piece of apparatus on a public road which can cause harm to others.

I agree, some of these cyclist are doing nearly 20 MPH!

I'm sure if the right honorable MP Mr Shapps (if that's his real name) has used his supreme intellect and wisdom to come up with this, it's sure to be a brilliant idea!

Perhaps if everyone had one of the these (see below) pedestrians could hear the cyclist coming and avoid stepping out onto the road?

It's interesting that without the Wright brothers insights into cycling and idea that if you could balance and ride a bicycle it might be possible to control and fly a plane too, i wonder if Shapps knew that? I'm sure he did, or that the bicycle is the most efficient form of travel ever invented?

No other living creature expends so little energy related to the distance traveled. Bicycles are able to convert about 90% of effort into forward kinetic energy. It takes about 3x amount the amount of energy to walk any particular distance than it does to bike it.

A shit government delivering shit policies to pander to the shit prejudices belonging to the shits of society in a desperate bid to distract from the fact they have no idea how to solve any actual ****ing problems facing us.

Think that sums it up, my rant could apply to every single political thread on this forum

Funnily enough, I'm not in the least bit concerned about cyclists who kill getting the same deal in courts as drivers. I look forward to the lighter sentencing..

Joking aside, it seems fair, but only if jaywalking or stepping out into the road without looking also becomes an offence.

I've run someone over on my bike, she stepped off a bus alongside a bus stop. The bus couldn't be arsed to pull into the bus stop, just opened his doors, in lane, no indication, nada. She went flying down Penistone road.

The police eventually came, she went to hospital, bus driver got a warning, I got nothing. Except whiplash.

I've been knocked off my bike twice by idiotic pedestrians and I'm surprised it's only twice. Should we have additional penalties for reckless pedestrians?

That a lot of hydrolocked engines there!

In my experience, quite often the engine stops because the air filter is waterlogged. Leave the engine for ten minutes and enough air gets through to allow the engine to start and run for ten seconds. Remove the air filter, and it’ll run like a good un.

Try riding in one?
62004-e8cb8c64-e95d-4d1a-9c7b-e5e739d053e7.jpg

I've been knocked off my bike twice by idiotic pedestrians and I'm surprised it's only twice. Should we have additional penalties for reckless pedestrians?

Yes, why should they be allowed to endanger others through their own lack of attention or recklessness. And I could being a mobile phone zombie in both of those categories.

advertisement

Back