advertisement

Cyclists to be awarded equality with motorists.

And how many incidents is this based on?

The one where someone walked into the road without looking and was hit by a cyclist?

I’m all for appropriate laws, but there are more important things to spend your time on, surely?

The one where someone walked into the road without looking and was hit by a cyclist?

I’m all for appropriate laws, but there are more important things to spend your time on, surely?
Yes, that happens often of course !

Is that the same case where the guy was belting along on a track only bike with no brakes, but if he'd been on a normal bike with brakes a young mum would still be alive?

Is that the same case where the guy was belting along on a track only bike with no brakes, but if he'd been on a normal bike with brakes a young mum would still be alive?
He was doing 18mph, he was also a complete twat & am pretty sure he received longer than two years under ‘death by furious cycling’.

I feel very sorry for the person killed but a change of law is probably not warranted. The amount of coverage received was massively disproportionate; imagine if the same cover was given to every pedestrian death by motorised vehicle?

112 cyclists killed by drivers/vehicles last year, over 3000 seriously injured but let’s throw some red meat to our Tory scum voters, after all if you’re still riding a bike as an adult you are a failure.

I ****ing detest these ****s.
Exactly this & then we have all the positive benefits of an active lifestyle which get ignored.

Listen, this is really easy, there is no need for people to knee-jerk in defence of cyclists.

People
who drive a car dangerously will also ride a bike dangerously. The person is a moron and should be treated exactly the same if killing someone by their shit behaviour riding a bloody bike as driving a car.

Electric scooters are illegal, road or pavement, except where trials are authorised.
And I am puzzled as to why cyclists should get away (relatively) with dangerous behaviour. Which is what this law would address. The knee jerk behaviour I have seen has been here, in defence of the indefensible.
‘Relatively’? Are you for real? As upthread have a look at some of the things drivers get away with for taking a life.

Motorists spent several pages crying over some Highway Code ‘changes’ that weren’t really changes. It’s just a classic case of Tories appealing to their pathetic base of morons.

Given the lack of brakes on that tw--s cycle isn't it about time they were subject to the same safety checks.

Isn't there supposed to be a hierarchy or responsibility now?

Given the lack of brakes on that tw--s cycle isn't it about time they were subject to the same safety checks.
There are legal requirements for bikes. This already happens. Do you understand the term ‘disproportionate’?

He was also riding what is known as a fixie, you can brake by stopping pedalling.

advertisement

Back