advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

day off today....sorting through more negatives - at least trying to ID locations and if possible dates.....

Did a small amount of d.i.y. yesterday, paying for it now after wrist/fingers went into spasm several times. Heigh Ho. Wrist/hand/forearm feel more restricted in movement than usual, probably some swelling, I will take some ibuprofen soon after breakfast.
Wife has had bad news from her friends in Brighton, sounds like the suicide of her god-son. Bizarrely the news came at 05:00 hrs. via another friend in Australia. Wife has been on a zoom-call for the last half hour, it all sounds messy. Brighton is an unpleasant place.

Going to listen to some music later. Predictably.

Brighton is an odd mix of things.
Friend of a good friend's son killed himself there. Horrible consequences ensued for those left behind.
You have my sincere sympathies and best wishes.

Went to see the snake worshipers (Ormskirk) as it was market day. Got a new, sealed copy of remastered Bowie's "Pinups" from one of the stalls which was a nice surprise. Free travel with my OAP pass on the train as well so there was money to splash on a burger and beer.

Sorry to be a knee surgery bore but trying to recover is what I've been doing every day for over 5 weeks now. Not much else to talk about.
Thing is. I've had a setback.
Last Tuesday I decided to walk to the shops and back. Took both crutches and took my time. I guess it was about 4 times the 'round the block' distance I had been doing daily, but it took over an hour. When I got home I couldn't bend the knee to sit down and thereafter the pain was the worst I've experienced at any point. Turns out to be Ileotibial Band Syndrome, where the above mentioned band gets inflamed by rubbing across the tibia at knee level.
So ...probably my fault for overdoing it but.. I have mentioned to physios and others from day one that my knee was 'clicking' at that point when walking and nobody took me on.
Have a couple of appointments over next few days so will see what the advice is.
Meanwhile ice and rest.

Sorry to hear that Mull. I'm just into week 5 and after 3 weeks of virtually no progress (or 1 day good, 2 days bad...), things seem to be getting better on a day by day basis. Not over doing the stretching exercises and plenty of cold packs seems to be working. Still limited walking though, but have managed a few revolutions on a static bike, albeit on the highest seat setting.

Did a small amount of d.i.y. yesterday, paying for it now after wrist/fingers went into spasm several times. Heigh Ho. Wrist/hand/forearm feel more restricted in movement than usual, probably some swelling, I will take some ibuprofen soon after breakfast.
Wife has had bad news from her friends in Brighton, sounds like the suicide of her god-son. Bizarrely the news came at 05:00 hrs. via another friend in Australia. Wife has been on a zoom-call for the last half hour, it all sounds messy. Brighton is an unpleasant place.

Going to listen to some music later. Predictably.
horrendous to hear about godson....what a tragedy

Replacement knees can be a real pain, thank goodness no sign of infection mull which is the killer..hopefully rest will help .5 weeks is not that long with all your other health conditions

Today I have been stomping around the Glos countryside climbing over billions of stiles. Berkeley church is very interesting.

52265544838_246495c61b.jpg

Blood donation.
No Club (or equivalent) choccy biccies on the Rewards table afterwards.
Life never ceases to throw up new small disappointments.

went to the Giggling Squid in WGC. Its been open for about 6 months, and almost impossible to get a table. Managed to get an early table last night.

Another reason for visiting WGC, was to take a look at the new tap room that's opened there a few weeks ago....wow it is good nice range of beer on 12 lines plus one cask. Very impressive, turns out the bar manager is an acquaintance I knew from another tap room, and a bar I ran some gin tastings in....

Having a tap room in a 2 pub (1 OK, and 1 terrible) town is brilliant- we were blown away.

discovering this morning, that a cat (Marley) has eaten through some of the strings on the motorised Venetian blinds. They are fVcked.....lasted 4 years. That's 2 lots of curtains and a Venetian blinds they have destroyed

i knew motorised roller blinds like we have in the bedroom would have been better.

Couldnt afford the 15k the mayor wants to climb mont blonc ..( deposit to cover rescue and funeral costs ) so caught the train up. Rack and pinion .incredible views .

Altogether 10 trains today including 3 rack and pinion , the one in leysin was so steep you could barely standup straught getting off

discovering this morning, that a cat (Marley) has eaten through some of the strings on the motorised Venetian blinds. They are fVcked.....lasted 4 years. That's 2 lots of curtains and a Venetian blinds they have destroyed

i knew motorised roller blinds like we have in the bedroom would have been better.
oh my goidness i remember you putting them up ..4 years !!

Strolled around Wells (Somerset) for a few hours. Lovely place, and we spent some time perusing the art exhibition in the cathedral. Saw that art restoration expert from the telly, and resisted the temptation of sneaking up behind him and shouting BENDOR! in a Christopher Lee voice.
Simple pleasures.

Went to Hitchin, nice pizza for lunch, loads of beer and dinner. So impressed by the tap room in WGC we came back. Bumped into a colleague, 16 pints.

went to the Giggling Squid in WGC. Its been open for about 6 months, and almost impossible to get a table. Managed to get an early table last night.

Used to go to the one in Henley regularly, been there 10 years. Consistently very good food and great atmosphere.

advertisement

Back