advertisement

CyclingMikey Youtube

rubber

pfm Member
What’s your views on this chap? As a cyclist myself am the only one in thinking he is doing more harm than good , not impressed with the sneaking up to cars then filming them especially with women,and let’s not mention the baiting of drivers to get a reaction or is this done to increase his viewing figures? he must be making a small fortune on YouTube, perhaps I should give him some credit for doing what his does ,what do PFM think of him?

You've initiated a cycling thread. Nowt wrong with it, but don't be surprised if it gets a little fractious. That's all.

As for the guy in question, not heard of him before, but like you I'm conflicted about his little policeman stance. Does he also police wayward cyclists with the same vigour? Not seeing much, if any, of that on a (albeit brief) peruse of his utube channel.

John

edit: also be aware of the most monopolising topic entering the thread. Damn thing gets everywhere. ;)

Last edited:
You've initiated a cycling thread. Nowt wrong with it, but don't be surprised if it gets a little fractious. That's all.

As for the guy in question, not heard of him before, but like you I'm a little conflicted about his little policeman stance. Does he also police wayward cyclists with the same vigour? Not seeing much, if any, of that on (albeit a brief) peruse of his utube channel.

John

Does shout at them if they go the wrong way, but personally I think he does just for camera, Truefully I do find some of his videos entertaining, but still not quite sure about him

Followed his channel for a while and he has some balls I’ll give him that. As background his father was killed by a drunk driver and while it’s very easy to call him out for being a ‘little Hitler’ or whatever, the people he catches are breaking the law and could end up causing injury or death by their actions so I have little sympathy for them. Yes, his words could be better chosen at times and yes he seems a bit over zealous but the driving standards in the UK and especially the larger cities are dropping all the time so if he makes a few people think about their actions he’s alright by me.

For clarity I both cycle and drive but do far more of the latter so not some self entitled cyclist type.

I am a little on the fence with him. Used to think he was just an attention seeker but he certainly does more harm than good, especially catching people using phones while driving.

Can we please not use the term ‘self entitled cyclist’ as it is just plain wrong & inflammatory (sorry Tiggers, I agree with you on most things). Cyclists generally just want better infrastructure & to be treated with more consideration by drivers, that is all. If there is a group that is ‘entitled’ it is the not so humble motorist, entire cites & road networks are built for their exclusive use.

I think the most eloquent person on this topic is Chris Boardman, he has suffered personal tragedy also but it very level headed & cogent.

Quite a few of my friends use cycling cameras now, mainly for self protection in case anything happens. Some police forces will act on footage but most don’t, they also seem to look down on cyclists swearing when someone nearly kills them; all very odd.

I am a little on the fence with him. Used to think he was just an attention seeker but he certainly does more harm than good, especially catching people using phones while driving.

Can we please not use the term ‘self entitled cyclist’ as it is just plain wrong & inflammatory (sorry Tiggers, I agree with you on most things). Cyclists generally just want better infrastructure & to be treated with more consideration by drivers, that is all. If there is a group that is ‘entitled’ it is the not so humble motorist, entire cites & road networks are built for their exclusive use.

I think the most eloquent person on this topic is Chris Boardman, he has suffered personal tragedy also but it very level headed & cogent.

Quite a few of my friends use cycling cameras now, mainly for self protection in case anything happens. Some police forces will act on footage but most don’t, they also seem to look down on cyclists swearing when someone nearly kills them; all very odd.
Yes, you’re right but all I meant was my view is that of someone with a foot in both camps, I’m not a cycling campaigner or the likes. I am trying to get across that Mikey, for all his faults, is actually right and I say that as more of a driver than a cyclist. A driver misbehaving is far more likely to cause injuries or deaths than a cyclist so while the cyclist red light jumping and other stuff is annoying I personally find bad driving far more irksome!

Earlier this year was hit by a cyclist going through a red light.. I didn't see her emerge from between the compliant drivers waiting at the red light. I ended up spraining an ankle, the cyclist smashed their elbow and their bike was damaged.

Second time it's happened to me.

.I'll leave this here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62444889

Earlier this year was hit by a cyclist going through a red light.. I didn't see her emerge from between the compliant drivers waiting at the red light. I ended up spraining an ankle, the cyclist smashed their elbow and their bike was damaged.

Second time it's happened to me.

.I'll leave this here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62444889
I don’t have a problem with that as long as they do the same to drivers who cause more deaths & get away with it with alarming regularity. Even if a driver kills someone they pretty much always get their license back & rarely serve more than two years.

Sorry to hear about your injury & the cyclist in question was incredibly negligent & cared little for your or their own safety. Personally I am super careful around pedestrians & also have 3rd party liability insurance.

Yes, you’re right but all I meant was my view is that of someone with a foot in both camps, I’m not a cycling campaigner or the likes. I am trying to get across that Mikey, for all his faults, is actually right and I say that as more of a driver than a cyclist. A driver misbehaving is far more likely to cause injuries or deaths than a cyclist so while the cyclist red light jumping and other stuff is annoying I personally find bad driving far more irksome!
I am also a driver although some on here see me as a militant cyclist;) I definitely drive a lot slower & with more care since I started to cycle so everybody wins.

I don't see any police people standing up to these dangerous idiots, so good on him.
No, but further up the road from where Mickey films police are often standing with there speed guns nicking/ warning drivers. There s far more useful places they could be employed in Camden me thinks.
But its a Royal Park ( Regents ) of course !. So its all down to Mickey to police the more dangerous areas, though on the odd times I have seen a boy in blue with him. Not up to date with his films lately., but perhaps his involving Squad cars these days, that is if there not too busy nicking dying folk for mooning at a speed camera ( eyebrows )

No, but further up the road from where Mickey films police are often standing with there speed guns nicking/ warning drivers. There s far more useful places they could be employed in Camden me thinks.
But its a Royal Park ( Regents ) of course !. So its all down to Mickey to police the more dangerous areas, though on the odd times I have seen a boy in blue with him. Not up to date with his films lately., but perhaps his involving Squad cars these days, that is if there not too busy nicking dying folk for mooning at a speed camera ( eyebrows )

I have zero ****s to give for folks that spend their last few days on earth mooning speed cameras. If that is what you meant. And if the rozzers can bust loads of people speeding there, then there’s loads of people speeding there and it needs enforcing.

Personally, I’d like to see all road speed monitoring and fines automated. It’s a complete waste of police time to do it when a few cameras can do it 24/7.

Personally, I'd like to see all road speed monitoring cameras removed and consigned to landfill where they belong.

advertisement

Back