advertisement

Gas and Electricity Prices

No, people who genuinely cannot pay should be helped. I’m trying to understand how many that it, I suspect it’s not 1/3 of the country.

What is the arbitrary level of deservedness... who decides that? Someone with a 2.1 in Classics or History...

as above, 12 million over 65s in the UK

where is the help coming from, taxes? The Tories will not tax companies any further. So where is the magic money tree to really help people.

The solution is simple. Nationalise energy.

No, people who genuinely cannot pay should be helped. I’m trying to understand how many that it, I suspect it’s not 1/3 of the country.

around 2.3 million working people on Universal Credits

we have the largest low paid sector in Western Europe at around 20% of the workforce, so if you were charitable you would include all of them, not just the ones able to claim.

then whatever the number of out of work claimants is. Unless you are totally devoid of empathy

so I suspect it will be around 1/3 of the country.

Are you aware that teachers & nurses for instance are having to use food banks?
Maybe you should open your eyes?

9 million households - which is 1/3 of the total in the UK - are projected to experience fuel poverty this winter.

At present (after the April rises) the figure is around 6.5m households.

There are 27.8M households in the UK.

It is estimated are that the rise in the fuel price cap in April 2022 doubled the number of households in fuel poverty, in the UK from 3.16M (11%) to 6.32M (23%). The same source predicts a further rise to 8.5M (31%) by the end of 2022.

https://www.endfuelpoverty.org.uk/about-fuel-poverty/#:~:text=6.32 million – The estimated total,poverty from 1 April 2022.

That means by the end of the year, at least 1 in 4 households will not be able to afford to adequately heat their homes this winter.

What is the arbitrary level of deservedness... who decides that? Someone with a 2.1 in Classics or History...

as above, 12 million over 65s in the UK

where is the help coming from, taxes? The Tories will not tax companies any further. So where is the magic money tree to really help people.

The solution is simple. Nationalise energy.

After January anyone/household with an income of £41,000 will be in fuel poverty

Not really. After all great swathes of the country habitually vote Conservative and most people are fundamentally decent.

This Conservative government on the other hand have made it quite clear they hold the poor in absolute contempt.

Imagine a government minister going on TV to announce that people struggling to feed their children and heat their homes should just get a better paid job.

Or on their bike

Not really. After all great swathes of the country habitually vote Conservative and most people are fundamentally decent.

This Conservative government on the other hand have made it quite clear they hold the poor in absolute contempt.

Imagine a government minister going on TV to announce that people struggling to feed their children and heat their homes should just get a better paid job.

Have we time warped back to the 80s'

margaret_thatcher_bp2m92.png

It soon will be when will those Tory bastards actually, y’know, govern?

Where will the line be drawn, when people earning £100,000 a year are in fuel poverty cause that isn’t too far fetched that represents fuel bills of £10,000 a year but by that time there will be revolution here.

Marx said every country is three meals away from a revolution.

I think that is very case dependant!

Not really my son and daughter are both hitting £200 a month each my son is a chef on about £14 an hour.

Plus don’t forget October and January’s rises are in the pipeline so probably looking at about £500 a month for me and the wife if we pay the bills that is.

I did an online quote with Octopus the other day for a one year fix they quoted £680 a month.

Not really my son and daughter are both hitting £200 a month each my son is a chef on about £14 an hour.

Plus don’t forget October and January’s rises are in the pipeline so probably looking at about £500 a month for me and the wife if we pay the bills that is.

I did an online quote with Octopus the other day for a one year fix they quoted £680 a month.

Well I don't earn anything like what you and your Mrs earn and as a single bloke I'm nowhere near 10% of earnings on fuel costs.

I pay for my gas & electricity quarterly on receipt of bill, some of these monthly figures being banded about are astonishing. Are they direct debit payments to your suppliers as I pay nowhere near these figures ?

advertisement

Back