advertisement

Tory Leadership Runners and Riders

TunbridgeWellsGate was a leak to the New Statesman https://www.newstatesman.com/politi...rishi-sunak-taking-money-deprived-urban-areas. And it followed a bad week for Truss, topped off by the thumping in the Sky News poll. So presumably Team Truss leaked it.

I don't think Team Truss is worried about Sunak, more about the weaknesses in Truss. The post-debate analysis by her supposed backer (Kwarteng) focused on the fact that her lack of slickness was an asset. :D "She's a refreshingly clumsy hopeless incompetent. Not a slick one."

...but you have to be pretty daft to say it on camera and assume what happens in Tunbridge Wells stays in Tunbridge Wells.
That's very true.
But there are many more places like Tunbridge Wells.
He won't be saying stuff like that in Wolverhampton or Dudley, deprived areas that still vote Tory for some reason.

TunbridgeWellsGate was a leak to the New Statesman https://www.newstatesman.com/politi...rishi-sunak-taking-money-deprived-urban-areas. And it followed a bad week for Truss, topped off by the thumping in the Sky News poll. So presumably Team Truss leaked it.

I don't think Team Truss is worried about Sunak, more about the weaknesses in Truss. The post-debate analysis by her supposed backer (Kwarteng) focused on the fact that her lack of slickness was an asset. :D "She's a refreshingly clumsy hopeless incompetent. Not a slick one."
Just need to get Liz over the line. IDS and Mogg will be shoving the wheelchair for all they’re worth, no stopping even if a £4.50 accessory drops on the floor.
The best person to put a stinger out for her tyres is Rishi’s minder Mark Harper, Chief Whip, who will know where all the bodies are buried.

It’s funny how supposedly very bright people (Cameron, Sunak) say and do such very stupid things. It’s almost as if a public school/Oxbridge education divorced such people from reality.
Such people either become drug addicts/dealers, performance poets or brain dead entitled morons. There’s a few in the middle but they certainly didn’t become Tory politicians.

The two most prized qualities at Eton: shamelessness and entitlement.

And the cruelty. The difference to my mind between the right and the progressive left is whilst both are happy for folk to do well and be highly successful the former actively want to punish those they see as inferior or who have “failed”. The whole Bullingdon Club thing of setting £50 notes alight in front of homeless folk, smashing up restaurants and other small businesses is all very firmly ingrained. It is a class warrior thing. Same thing with the refugee situation, seeing folk fleeing their homes and lives from areas ravaged by war is just not enough. They need treating like vermin and sending to concentration camps 4000 miles away. The cruelty and dehumanisation is the product.

I watched the first 2min 30sec which was as much as I could bear. White pensioners holding up “In Liz we Truss” placards. The long gone husbands failed by previous trusses.

You did well, I haven't watched any of it. I'm still amazed they get such an easy ride outside of that demographic.

I watched the first 2min 30sec which was as much as I could bear. White old age pensioners holding up “In Liz we Truss” placards. The long gone husbands failed by previous trusses.

This is the good bit. Very short.

Truss versus the dangerous "militants" :rolleyes:. Otherwise known as the harmless students. Who were probably protesting for sensible cause. Maybe a protest against having a hopeless incompetent as Prime Minister or something like that.

This is the good bit. Very short.

Truss versus the dangerous "militants" :rolleyes:. Otherwise known as the harmless students. Who were probably protesting for sensible cause. Maybe a protest against having a hopeless incompetent as Prime Minister or something like that.

I am probably a bit slow but those dangerous militants look like plants to me. They meekly walk out and then Fake Thatcher immediately launches into a speech about militant unions and all the wonderful things she will do to shut down free speech. There is no way she thinks that fast on her feet.

I am probably a bit slow but those dangerous militants look like plants to me. They meekly walk out and then Fake Thatcher immediately launches into a speech about militant unions and all the wonderful things she will do to shut down free speech. There is no way she thinks that fast on her feet.
Good point. They allowed themselves to be manhandled by security, or at least the second one did, without protest at what is technically assault.

advertisement

Back