advertisement

What are you listening to right now #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much better, great sound quality. just love Apple Stretching

anBlZw.jpeg

back on the George Benson.

Just waiting for my new records to fully dry post wet clean to ditch the static.

I have actually purchased a new 7” (of old tunes) - if it plays well I will be like a pig in sheet.
fingers crossed that it is a decent pressing. Sort of 7” that will never grow old, not for me anyroad up.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09S66GSFB/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
@guey thanks for posting Sun's Signature recently.
Failed to notice this was for release, but happily my sealed copy (for a fair price) arrived today.

one of those days.

a bunch of this

all on 7” Single

Booker T. and the M.G’s ‘Time is Tight’

Tommy Hunt ‘Love On the Losing Side’

Little Anthony and the Imperials ‘Better Use Your Head’
& the double AA side
‘Gonna Fix You Good (everytime you’re bad)

Judy Street ‘What’

Len Barry ‘1-2-3’

Isley Brothers ‘Behind A Painted Smile’
&
‘This Old Heart of Mine is Weak For You’

Robert Knight ‘Love On A Mountain Top’

what I would call a few Northern Soul tunes. I note that ‘Northern Soul’ isn’t available as a genre or style when listing a release on Discogs. (unless summat has changed since I last tried). It is a matter of opinion I guess? If it makes me want to dance in a specific way - i.e. nothing else is quite like it, then it is Northern Soul…

what I would call a few Northern Soul tunes. I note that ‘Northern Soul’ isn’t available as a genre or style when listing a release on Discogs. (unless summat has changed since I last tried). It is a matter of opinion I guess? If it makes me want to dance in a specific way - i.e. nothing else is quite like it, then it is Northern Soul…

That'll do for me BT :) Soul boy was also an insult in the early 80s when I grew up after the fashion had drifted - mistakenly ;)

went this way

all on 7” Single

Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife (U.K. 1959)
( must start a “ What Version of Mack The Knife is Bestest?”

Elvis Presley - King Creole (1958-9) rip-roaring

Dion - The Wanderer (1962)

All on 7” (agin)

Johhny Kidd and the Pirates ‘Shakin’ All Over’ - this is a perfect tune. Played it 3 times

Eddie Cochran ‘C’mon Everybody’ (U.K. 1958) - palpable energy

The Novas ‘The Crusher’ e.p.

Each night this week I have come home from work and listened to a barky dog staying at a neighbour’s house, at the moment that barky dog is listening to…….Miles Davis - Doo Bop. CD at an elevated volume so I can’t hear the barky bastad;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back