advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

We've had ours for about 15 years. It puts out some weedy flowers, which quickly fade and die. Meanwhile, other houses near by have wisteria offensively covered in flowers that seem to last for weeks. We've tried feeding the bastard, pruning it right back as far as we dare, but it majors on leaves that fall as soon as August begins, and carry on falling for several months.

We did have one, but it broke. We had it repaired, and it broke again, so we gave up the unequal struggle and got shot of it. It was a shame because it came in handy for hoovering up the leaves that fell from the wisteria in their thousands during Autumn.
Wisteria!

knlTZgj.jpg

Family member lives in third floor of flats and wisteria grows so fast to top flat it comes through the windows .looks awesome

quiet at work today.

Scanning some negatives from my time in Pakistan (for work) - about 1996 I think. I was there for about 3 months working in Karachi, Islamabad, Lahore and Peshawar - i recall taking some photos there, but it was a tricky thing to do at the time....i have not seen the images since then

Today I bought an SSL certificate for a domain I haven’t yet used for purposes other than email. I have no idea if I ever will, no idea if I really need a certificate and little idea of what it actually is (beyond ‘well, it’s about security, innit?’) But I was being told to get one or else, and 9USD seemed a small amount to pay to make the stream of irritating messages go away. If only it were always that easy.

It seems hotter today than the 25 degrees it’s supposed to be. A morning in Central London and then near Dartford. Home now, got a little bit of admin to do whilst I listen to some tunes. Another working week nearly over, this year is flying by.

Cheers BB

Walked around part of Paris ,strangely came across a hi fi shop selling high end focal and b&w but it was closed for 2 weeks

Shocked to see police station surrounded by concrete blocks and guarded at front by police

Walked around part of Paris ,strangely came across a hi fi shop selling high end focal and b&w but it was closed for 2 weeks

Shocked to see police station surrounded by concrete blocks and guarded at front by police

Anti-terrorism measures Phil, plenty of similar things in London now. They'll be on higher alert too after the killing of the head guy in Afganistan by the Americn drone.

Cheers BB

dont see why it is the norm in sensitive areas. Sometimes it isnt so overt as lumps of concrete - they can be quite good at disguising terrorist counter measures.

attempted to visit the Borehamwood museum this morning. horrendous looking accident prevented onward access, took an hour to return home for a usually easy 20 min trip.

Sorry to be a knee surgery bore but trying to recover is what I've been doing every day for over 5 weeks now. Not much else to talk about.
Thing is. I've had a setback.
Last Tuesday I decided to walk to the shops and back. Took both crutches and took my time. I guess it was about 4 times the 'round the block' distance I had been doing daily, but it took over an hour. When I got home I couldn't bend the knee to sit down and thereafter the pain was the worst I've experienced at any point. Turns out to be Ileotibial Band Syndrome, where the above mentioned band gets inflamed by rubbing across the tibia at knee level.
So ...probably my fault for overdoing it but.. I have mentioned to physios and others from day one that my knee was 'clicking' at that point when walking and nobody took me on.
Have a couple of appointments over next few days so will see what the advice is.
Meanwhile ice and rest.

Trying to decide wether to make a curry or a stir fry today, may mix it up and curry stir fry mix but wondering if it will weld itself to the wok!! Ffs am hungry now nevermind 4:30 5:pm . Gonna do some burgers and cheese on brown bread methinks as an early breakfast.

Did a small amount of d.i.y. yesterday, paying for it now after wrist/fingers went into spasm several times. Heigh Ho. Wrist/hand/forearm feel more restricted in movement than usual, probably some swelling, I will take some ibuprofen soon after breakfast.
Wife has had bad news from her friends in Brighton, sounds like the suicide of her god-son. Bizarrely the news came at 05:00 hrs. via another friend in Australia. Wife has been on a zoom-call for the last half hour, it all sounds messy. Brighton is an unpleasant place.

Going to listen to some music later. Predictably.

In five minutes an onslaught will start as contractors begin to take up our old concrete drive that runs down the side of the house.
If it stops raining I will go out somewhere.

advertisement

Back