advertisement

Tory Leadership Runners and Riders

Sunak seemed very relaxed, probably because he knows he’s behind. However, the Sky audience seemed to favour him over Truss. There could be a final twist!

A pity it became a public vote when the secret vote tech failed.

And it was quite a loaded question by Burley. Asking something along the lines of who came across better tonight and who would make a better Prime Minister.

Only an idiot would answer Truss and want to show themselves up in public.

Sunak seemed very relaxed, probably because he knows he’s behind. However, the Sky audience seemed to favour him over Truss. There could be a final twist!

both of them are indescribably awful and will inflict even more damage on the country. Why are you so excited?

Genuinely interested if, as is often remarked upon lately, the types of responses below constitute "ad-hom"?

Not looking for an argument here, but I see this type of reply pretty often and wonder if it simply leads to more of the same where some people take exception to it, and others brush it off.
Yet more selective quoting I see. If you read the entire post, you will see that what I was responding to, was in fact, gibberish. I was responding directly to the content of a post, unlike early all of the criticism of MMT, which is focussed on attacking the individual posters purely in personal terms. Some troll even started a thread that had no other purpose but to attack one of the most calm and considered posters here in entirely personal terms.

Calling something gibberish when it demonstrably is gibberish is not ad hom.

Calling someone a troll when that have been trolling, is not ad hom.

I wondered why Hancock is still an MP. And then I realised it's because he can't get any kind of decent gig in the private sector. That's the state of the Tories.
Are all MP’s failures from the private sector or failures because that have failed to get a decent gig in the private sector?

Yet more selective quoting I see. If you read the entire post, you will see that what I was responding to, was in fact, gibberish. I was responding directly to the content of a post, unlike early all of the criticism of MMT, which is focussed on attacking the individual posters purely in personal terms. Some troll even started a thread that had no other purpose but to attack one of the most calm and considered posters here in entirely personal terms.

Calling something gibberish when it demonstrably is gibberish is not ad hom.

Calling someone a troll when that have been trolling, is not ad hom.

Thanks for the reply and explanation.

Do you think that the tone of your posts might sometimes elicit a more negative response from people?

Much better from Sunak last night - on top of his brief but the core base may too scared of his cleverness and slickness to put him No.10 vs what they see as a sound/stable (though not as strong) Truss. Not much clapping when he spoke about Rwanda.

<moderating>

I’ve attempted to bring the thread back to its core topic. Sure was a lot of noise. Don’t you lot have vintage oscilloscopes to fix?

PS It isn’t as if there is a lack of material here; one day fairly soon one of these two vacuous clownsticks will replace the last criminally vacuous clownstick and “lead” this country into inevitable oblivion. Book your places in the far-right Tory reeducation camps now. Use the code ‘pinkfishmedia’ for a free extra stay.

It’s funny how supposedly very bright people (Cameron, Sunak) say and do such very stupid things. It’s almost as if a public school/Oxbridge education divorced such people from reality.

Tunbridge Wells is a Tory stronghold. I'm sure his audience there loved every word.
And if his words had gone no further than Tunbridge Wells, all would have been fine. But they will play less well in areas from which he ‘diverted’ funds.

Looks like my Tunbridge Wells post got hoofed with the dross, but you’re right, those comments make him unacceptable to the wider electorate. Plenty of time for Truss to screw up too. <reaches for popcorn>

It’s funny how supposedly very bright people (Cameron, Sunak) say and do such very stupid things. It’s almost as if a public school/Oxbridge education divorced such people from reality.

I think it starts earlier when they are sent to live in boarding schools. They seem somehow incomplete. This struck me particularly with Cameron, even though he had had the reality of a disabled child.

advertisement

Back