advertisement

Naim solstice price

Thanks, I really need to decide on just 1 but they both offer different things. The Bardo is just really lively and punchy, the P10 smooth and refined. I have the 10" brinkmann arm on the Bardo as that was all the budget would stretch to. If I sell the P10 at some point I may upgrade cart and arm.

Thanks, I'm using the same tonearm, Brinkmann 10.0 on a NA Dais with a Hana ML, I really like it and it has me curious about the Brinkmann TTs and their electronics.

Nice! The Bardo has more punch and weight than any turntable I have heard. It simply rocks! I think a better cart would make it untouchable to be honest, and maybe a 10.5 or 12" Brinkmann arm. Also tempted by the Taurus but don't have the money at the moment.

It'd be nice but they mostly assembled a kit of parts from other manufacturers placed into a beautifully assembled unit with a great power supply. Unless they can extend the range of bits they make that will always be at the mercy of others.

Naim should get OUT of making expensive turntables and get back IN of making expensive cd players

Naim is not making turntables mind you, Clearaudio manufacture them, branded Naim.

Doubt Naim will ever get into high end CD player game, apart from their entrylevel CD5Si.
They discontinued their flagship CDS3 and CDS555 due to certain sub-parts seem to be discontinued or management couldn't estimate enough profit continue this niche.

Look at Rega...they managed to release the latest edition Saturn, which will be safely supported.
Lovely machines.

Naim’s CD players are still some of the best sounding players ever made whether parts were sourced in or not so they must have been doing something right despite the animal cruelty supporter above having yet another dig! Rega make great players too but a CD555 remains the joint best player I have ever heard alongside the Isis.

On topic I would love to hear a Solstice some time, outside my price range for a turntable these days, but I’d still love to head one.

Naim’s CD players are still some of the best sounding players

Agreed if they are working..., many no longer doesn't that..., thats why its not a dig..., but knowledge and experience which need to be spread as Naim's own information re. possible support has been opaque and heavily moderated.

Same with first generation Mu-So boom blasters (made in China - does this make Naim and owners animal cruelty supporter ?)
Long did they not inform if these players could be serviced and repaired.
Now they are more clear in mk2 generations are made for support while mk1 are to be scrapped directly if any issues.
Not excellent service for first time Naim owners of mk1, they were buying in good faith.

I could go on with issues, for example OLED screen fading on Uniti's leaving customers with extra future cost that nobody told them.

Last edited:
When you were banging on about this in January 2021 on the Naim website Richard Dane replied on the thread..
“I’ve done a bit of research here and can confirm that the factory can repair both original and 2nd Generation Mu-Sos...”

When you were banging on about this in January 2021 on the Naim website Richard Dane replied on the thread..
“I’ve done a bit of research here and can confirm that the factory can repair both original and 2nd Generation Mu-Sos...”

Stop letting facts get in the way of his sad little crusade.

My FIL had one of these for a while. It looked very Clearaudio and had an SME arm I believe. Sounded really good but they never quite took off.

Curiously the significant majority of discounted units for sale all seem to have mysteriously vanished, with little indication of any actual sales (eg the ebay one has not appeared as a completed item).

One could speculate that there may be some market manipulation afoot since it seems unlikely that they all suddenly found buyers given that they'd been sitting for months in most cases.

Curiously the significant majority of discounted units for sale all seem to have mysteriously vanished, with little indication of any actual sales (eg the ebay one has not appeared as a completed item).

One could speculate that there may be some market manipulation afoot since it seems unlikely that they all suddenly found buyers given that they'd been sitting for months in most cases.

it’s Naims attempt to try and sort this situation out

Well from their point view having a reference product being sold off at ridiculous prices doesn’t bode well for them or owners or dealers
I have spoken to UK sales representatives who have assured me and other dealer who invested that the offending units if being offered by bonafide dealers they were actively getting them to remove listings
Obviously if it’s second hand then nothing can be done excessive t for them to attain them on the QT

Interestingly, there are currently 14 NDSs on eBay uk right now, many around £2300 (£6250 in 2012) some even serviced with new screens. How’s that for a former reference product. Bargain!

advertisement

Back