advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Sat in waiting for the wasp exterminator to come and get rid of a wasp nest in our dormer roof space.
Normally I’d leave them alone but we are getting one bedroom with dozens in every day.

I defrosted the freezer yesterday. Jesus, that was a PITA. Eventually I gave up when it was almost done because I was fed up with mopping the floor and chipping away at the permafrost.

Today I will be mainly taking stuff to the charity shop.

A low carbon footprint (not to mention free) dinner last night. Venison shot 800m away, tomatoes and lettuce from the estate, eggs from grateful chickens just beyond the curtilage and the first of the new season’s Charlottes. Although the foliage hasn’t died back on them completely yet, a bit of ferreting around beneath suggested it could be a bumper crop. OK, not entirely free - a shame about the salad dressing, but if there are olive groves and lemon trees around here I haven’t found them yet.

went to see a building site this morning - now processing some applications for promotion

I defrosted the freezer yesterday. Jesus, that was a PITA. Eventually I gave up when it was almost done because I was fed up with mopping the floor and chipping away at the permafrost.

Today I will be mainly taking stuff to the charity shop.
Hope you get there before it all melts.

Cut the grass this morning, well actually had to use a strimmer on it as it was so dense and had started to go to seed. I was half expecting to find an old Japanese guy in there who refused to believe that WWII had finished

If you have access to a wet and dry vacuum it can be very handy in this case. When I need to clean the filter on the drain on my washing machine I look out the wet and dry vac. Especially handy the time a paper hankie completely blocked the filter and the machine stopped half full of water :mad:

We did have one, but it broke. We had it repaired, and it broke again, so we gave up the unequal struggle and got shot of it. It was a shame because it came in handy for hoovering up the leaves that fell from the wisteria in their thousands during Autumn.

We did have one, but it broke. We had it repaired, and it broke again, so we gave up the unequal struggle and got shot of it. It was a shame because it came in handy for hoovering up the leaves that fell from the wisteria in their thousands during Autumn.
Bloody wisteria. Had some for 7 years and just one flower. The spade awaits. And if you tell me it takes 8 years for them to flower, I’ll put you on ignore.

advertisement

Back