advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

Josh Hawley running away hasn’t got old yet. Here’s a thread setting the footage to different music (Twitter).

Chris Hayes was on Colbert after the latest hearing. They had great fun with the Hawley clip (youtube if interested).

Colbert asked Hayes what message the committee was trying to send to Hawley by showing the clip, as it had nothing to do with the rest of the proceeding. Hayes’s response, “that Hawley should go f*ck himself.”

No surprise but maybe something that isn't widely known:

"Former aides close to President Trump are working to revive and expand his signature proposal to upend the federal civil service, according to a new report, and are working in conjunction with the former commander in chief to quickly purge thousands of federal employees if he were to return to office.

The plan, as detailed to Axios and confirmed by Government Executive, would bring back Schedule F, a workforce initiative Trump pushed in the 11th hour of his term to politicize the federal bureaucracy. The former officials and current confidantes are, through a network of Trump-loyal think tanks and public policy organizations, creating lists of names to supplant existing civil servants. They have identified 50,000 current employees that could be dismissed under the new authority they seek to create, Axios reported and Government Executive confirmed, though they hope to only actually fire a fraction of that total and hope the resulting “chilling effect” will cause the rest to fall in line. "

And the WSJ as well. https://twitter.com/davidfolkenflik/status/1550912504548712450

Fox News is the biggy of course.

Looks like the Fox News switch to DeSantis has begun.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3572831-trump-fox-friends-has-gone-to-the-dark-side/

Since this is obviously not about ethics, I can only conclude that Murdoch believes Trump is now, thanks to the Jan 6 committee, too damaged to win in 2024.

I am not convinced yet. I tried once to watch a DeSantis speech, but gave up before dying of boredom. The guy is dull as dishwater. After getting used to the (perversely entertaining) train wreck called T***p, can his GOP voters now embrace someone so different and so…uninspiring?

Looks like the Fox News switch to DeSantis has begun.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3572831-trump-fox-friends-has-gone-to-the-dark-side/

Since this is obviously not about ethics, I can only conclude that Murdoch believes Trump is now, thanks to the Jan 6 committee, too damaged to win in 2024.

I am not convinced yet. I tried once to watch a DeSantis speech, but gave up before dying of boredom. The guy is dull as dishwater. After getting used to the (perversely entertaining) train wreck called T***p, can his GOP voters now embrace someone so different and so…uninspiring?

Unfortunately I agree with you. I think that, unless he's legally prevented from running, or he were to die (cue world's tiniest violin) Trump will be the Republican candidate in the 2024 presidential election.

Very disturbing and sick.

That is entire world of reality distant to every possible norm that I expected to see, what the **** is happening?, how are people being suckered in by such utter political charlatans?, America is gone, unfortunately I fear we we are not far behind.

Why does every single presenter on Fox News look like a plasticine/claymation model?, is there a clause in their employment contract that say you will agree to fake tan, face fillers, Botox, plastic surgery? - they all look like caricatures of a real person.

Good news on Al Zawahri, but I fear they’ll be another equally as deranged fanatic waiting in the sidelines to take over who’ll react with further attacks.

I think it's more of an impact as being another bit of good news for Dems and Biden before the midterms.

advertisement

Back