advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are very nicely rendered. Did you shoot in black & white or convert in processing?

Colour RAW imported into Lightroom, then re-processed using DXO PureRAW 2 (which extracts more detail that the LR RAW conversion), then converted to monochrome in Silver EFex Pro - tweaks applied, before cropping in LR and removing any annoying spots - then add border in PS and finally export from Lightroom!

Sounds a lot but in reality about 4-5 mins per image which considering DXO PureRAW takes just over a minute to process a GFX file isn’t too bad (I can batch process in PureRAW and go and make a cup of tea!!)

There is a lot of headroom in the GFX files and IMO great tonality in mono images. These help!!

Colour RAW imported into Lightroom, then re-processed using DXO PureRAW 2 (which extracts more detail that the LR RAW conversion), then converted to monochrome in Silver EFex Pro - tweaks applied, before cropping in LR and removing any annoying spots - then add border in PS and finally export from Lightroom!

Sounds a lot but in reality about 4-5 mins per image which considering DXO PureRAW takes just over a minute to process a GFX file isn’t too bad (I can batch process in PureRAW and go and make a cup of tea!!)

There is a lot of headroom in the GFX files and IMO great tonality in mono images. These help!!
Apart from Lightroom, that’s pretty much what I do. DXO is marvellous.

Ancient rocks, Iona:

52235534992_c42cb1f639_b.jpg

52237006715_05a6014618_b.jpg

The upper windows were a restaurant we ate in (Peshawar - Pakistan). If you were really careful (and lucky) you might get a beer

photo388 by uh_simon, on Flickr

In theory you could get alcohol in Pakistan then....You had to fill out and buy an alcohol licence, and then some 5* hotels had a bar (usually in the basement) - you could get beer, but if you wanted a Gin, you had to buy the full bottle, and drink it at that session.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back