advertisement

Cyrus stack!

My favorite phono stage has been the Cyrus Phono Signature for some time now. I've owned a Cyrus 8xpd integrated for the past 5 years and an Cyrus 8vs prior to that. I've always been mightily impressed with the sound from these products and while I have ventured off in other directions, I still feel that Cyrus gear is near the top of my personal heap. One thing I'd not tried with my Cyrus gear was the addition of the PSX-R2 power supplies. I now have two of those units in house and I'm very happy with overall increase in fidelity, even if only incremental. Perhaps a combo to finally oust my JVC AX-Z1010!?

gi.mpl

gi.mpl

Who cares for the black boxes with that turntable in the background...

Tell us more about that deck....

Wow for the turntable and the window !

No interest in the Cyrus gear? LOL!

The deck is a Transrotor Fat Bob S with the TMD (magnetic) drive system. Arm is an Abis (Sorane) TA-1L and is nearly 13 inches in length. Purchased second-hand this year...my fist new TT in 10 years. It's stunning!

https://www.stereophile.com/content/listening-145

http://mockingbirddistribution.com/abis-tonearms/abis-ta1l-tonearm/

gi.mpl

gi.mpl

Another update, I bought a longer mains cable so that's nice and tidy, I have bought a pair of Auralex Gramma V2s which are working well, up until a point anyway, with very bass heavy music at high volumes the floor still starts to vibrate a lot, but a lot less than before! I have a Rega wall shelf for the P7 to go up at some point too.
Also finally got round to putting a basic TV system together, a pair of bargain KEF 3001SE to go with the Castle Sub, a MiniDSP 2x4HD to do the DAC/Pre and Crossover and a Bantam Stealth (on its way) for the power amp.
Feeling a bit more lived in now, with the LPs unboxed and some pictures put up around, as well as the remaining acoustic panels.

I’d like a nice big plant for the far corner but the Wife would like a big corner sofa, so some negotiations going on there. At least hifi wise, no issues, pretty much carte blanche… (now to kick off the DIY speaker project!).

System
by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

System

Living Room

Another update, I bought a longer mains cable so that's nice and tidy, I have bought a pair of Auralex Gramma V2s which are working well, up until a point anyway, with very bass heavy music at high volumes the floor still starts to vibrate a lot, but a lot less than before! I have a Rega wall shelf for the P7 to go up at some point too.
Also finally got round to putting a basic TV system together, a pair of bargain KEF 3001SE to go with the Castle Sub, a MiniDSP 2x4HD to do the DAC/Pre and Crossover and a Bantam Stealth (on its way) for the power amp.
Feeling a bit more lived in now, with the LPs unboxed and some pictures put up around, as well as the remaining acoustic panels.

I’d like a nice big plant for the far corner but the Wife would like a big corner sofa, so some negotiations going on there. At least hifi wise, no issues, pretty much carte blanche… (now to kick off the DIY speaker project!).

System

System

Living Room
A stunning room.

System

System

Living Room
Is that Ercol furniture? Lovely design.

Now that my own power amplifier is back from surgery

System

Accuphase DP450 CD player/DAC

Tube Distinctions grounded grid valve preamp with offboard PSU

Tube Distinctions Copper power amp with Brimar-branded 6SN7s, solid state rectification and Tung Sol KT150s

Trilogy 931 headphone amplifier

Tannoy Kensington GR loudspeakers

Ancillaries

Mark Grant HDX1 WBT Edition interconnects

Mark Grant DSP 2.5 power leads

Sterling Black Mamba speaker cables with silver banana plugs from Mark Grant

MusicWorks ReFlex mains block rewired by Mark Grant

MusicWorks P-Revue with Acouplex disks and IP1 platform.

Dedicated consumer unit, earthing and radials

https://www.markgrantcables.co.uk/uk/audio-cables/mark-grant-hdx1-wbt-pure-copper-audio-cables/

https://tubedistinctions.co.uk/project/the-copper-amps/

https://www.musicworks-hifi.com/
very nice steven . thats one speaker i would consider as an upgrade from my tannoy eaton legacy . not heard a pair yet though
P1070857 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/158267783@N02/, on Flickr

System

System

Living Room
love the chairs

just curious why you use also the Amphion speakers? are these the argon 3s? how do you like em?
I had the amphion one18, lovely imaging beast!

The Argon one yes , absolutely lovely speakers . very beguiling with the right amp . big fan of amphion. I had the 3s here as well but just as happy with the argon one . these as you probably guessed are used as front and right for a nice AC system and they get a lot of use with classical on the AV system and TV. Big sound really .

complete new system:
speakers are diy, first order series crossover, 95 db efficient, about 6 ohm impedance.

how these sound?
It Destroy vintage Tannoy, Harbeth SHL5plus, Graham LS5/9, AN-J. Runs circle around these, its so much better its not even funny and actually a bit perplexing to me.

Ive known all the lies in audio, but i didnt understand fully. How can this DIY speaker that cost me about 1500$ in parts actually annihilates "hifi" system costing upward of 20k?

Theres really no replacement for displacement and weve been fooled is my honest opinion.

I fully intended these to be a compromise next to Harbeth or Graham midrange purity cause I also thought that 3 drivers simply couldnt integrate better then 2 drivers. The mids is like a open window, so much details pooring out. It leaves even the Harbeth mids way down the line.

I had realistic goals with this DIY speaker and im beyond happy as it exceeds greatly any expectations. These are the best speakers ive had a chance to hear so far. These combine the speed of horns, the details of cone drivers and the smoothness of Panels.

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/system-pictures-description.23208/page-178#post-7062301

Waxxy:

As I've commented before, beautiful turntable!

I am guessing you are using a Yamamoto carbon fibre headshell. How do you find it and how is it different from a more conventional aluminium one? I have one too but am currently using a basic Ortofon HS with my AT MM cartridge in my 12" Jelco manufactured Transrotor arm.

advertisement

Back