advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: V Gone-ish!

I have said as far back as when he was mayor of London that he is is the pocket of the Russians but you could say the same for a lot of them. Western politicians are seduced by money and impressed with people that have it.

Gone? Not if his chums can help it, according to the Mirror. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-allies-plotting-find-27594449

Boris Johnson’s allies are drawing up a list of Tory MPs in safe seats who might be willing to stand down to create a vacancy for the Prime Minister.

Senior sources claimed Mr Johnson was “testing the water” over moving to a constituency with a much larger Conservative majority.

Recent polls have suggested he could be in danger of losing his own seat of Uxbridge, where he has a majority of just 7,210, at the next general election.

The PM is understood to want to remain on the back benches and there have been reports he hopes to stage a political comeback with another bid for No 10.

One insider even suggested Mr Johnson’s allies were prepared to offer honours - including knighthoods and peerages - to loyalist MPs and Tory veterans in safe seats who might contemplate retirement.

“It has been discussed. They’re testing the water with MPs with safe seats," they said.

God, that facial expression, like a scene from I Claudius or the face of Herodias when she saw what her daughter had done. Just as Truss was talking about containing Putin. Was it Novichok?

Margaret Hilda would have just carried on as if nothing had happened. The Iron Lady.
Rather good I thought. Seemed like a human being and was going forwards to help. Margaret Hilda would of course just carried on.

Boris Johnson could become next NATO Secretary-General — newspaper

https://tass.com/world/1485383

Another dead cat, eh! :eek:
Key word here is "could". He could also be censured for lying to Parliament and others, but all these events are probably in the same never-never land.
Good to see TASS quoting the DT. I didn't even realize TASS still existed, using the same wonderful brand and everything.

The TASS piece also repeats the guff about an EU army. Russian ‘news’ piece about NATO. File with prejudice under ‘mischief making and disinformation’.

It reeks of Tory media fantasy land- just as ex-SAS DD was going to kick ass in Brussels and Andrea Loathsome was Chancellor material cos she was a ‘merchant banker’ when in fact she was her husband’s hedge fund office manageress.

Much as I dislike Johnson and Bamford, what they do with their money is their problem. Assuming it’s their money.

Much as I dislike Johnson and Bamford, what they do with their money is their problem. Assuming it’s their money.

The problem is party donors like Bamford are using their wealth to buy access to the PM so they can lobby for their interests.

A representative for the chairman of JCB, the UK-based manufacturer known the world over for its bright yellow diggers, has been named by the Sunday Times as belonging to “a secret club of Conservative donors granted access to senior ministers and advisers during the pandemic”. According to the paper, about a dozen of the party’s most generous donors have regular access to PM Boris Johnson’s top team as part of an elite “advisory board”.
Philip Bouverat was named by the Sunday Times as attending these ‘advisory board’ meetings on behalf of Lord Bamford, the chairman of JCB.
Lord Bamford has donated £5.2m to the Conservative Party, including £2.8m under Johnson, the report said.
According to the Sunday Times, club members lobbied for an early relaxation of lockdown measures in 2020 and for tax benefits for high net-worth individuals. Other members sought public appointments or honours from the PM, and included investors in property, construction and big tobacco, as well as the wife of Russian President Putin’s former deputy finance minister.

https://www.leasinglife.com/news/jcb-links-to-secret-club-of-tory-donors/

advertisement

Back