advertisement

Music Books

Coincidentally, I'm reading ...

9780815381648.jpg

Stephen

Glad you liked it. There's a whole load of stuff in there that not many people knew about until now. Loved the way it was told. Such a great sense of humour. Looking forward to part 2 myself too.

It's over 600 pages long, isn't it?

According to the review in Mojo, the book also covers Ralf and Florian's ģolf obsession.
Yes it's lengthy but so readable.
I'm still on his formative years before Kraftwerk so I have all of this to come - Highly recommended though (btw buy it from Rough Trade and get an autographed copy:))

Link(s)- Karl Bartos - The Sound of the Machine: My Life in Kraftwerk and Beyond - Hardback+ – Rough Trade

The Sound of the Machine: Amazon.co.uk: Bartos, Karl: 9781913172640: Books

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Yes it's lengthy but so readable.
I'm still on his formative years before Kraftwerk so I have all of this to come - Highly recommended though (btw buy it from Rough Trade and get an autographed copy:))

Link(s)- Karl Bartos - The Sound of the Machine: My Life in Kraftwerk and Beyond - Hardback+ – Rough Trade

The Sound of the Machine: Amazon.co.uk: Bartos, Karl: 9781913172640: Books

I'm not entirely sure I need to read another book about Kraftwerk, but I've weakened anyway. Seemed rude not to.

I'm currently working my way through Out Of Space: How UK Cities Shaped Rave Culture by Jim Ottewill, and am thoroughly enjoying it.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I wouldn't call myself a massive fan, but I'm really enjoying Gary Numan's autobiography, (R)evolution. He seems remarkably self aware, and largely lacking in ego; always giving proper credit to his collaborators and family.

I just read Glen Matlock's I Was A Teenage Sex Pistol after finding a cheap copy in the chazza. Interesting to read about the early days of the band and his depictions of the characters involved ring true.

Amazon have it on Kindle for £3.

I’ve posted links to Rodger Coleman’s Sun Ra Sundays on several occasions, but it’s now been edited, knocked into shape and published as a paperback. It’s an essential road map for anyone wanting to dig a bit deeper into Sun Ra’s convoluted recorded universe:

https://mediterraneanworld.wordpress.com/2022/04/04/music-monday-sun-ra-sundays/

My copy is on its way:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BKYHL7VC/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Thanks Graham. I find it a lot easier to read this sort of stuff in book form so that's quite interesting.

I wish Mark Lewisohn would get his finger out. At this rate either he or I will have dropped off the perch before he’s finished his biography.
Eighteen months on… sod John Westlake, what is Mark up to? I’m already resigned never to see vol. 3 as either he or I are likely to snuff it beforehand - but vol. 2 would be nice.

advertisement

Back