advertisement

Naim solstice price

Hound

pfm Member
See an X demo one for sale, very little use £10999 or best offer.
My god these are falling fast in valve, if that's what a dealer is struggling to sell at already, hate to think what trade in value for a secondhand one would be already.
Anyway that's life I guess and if anyone is looking for one, I guess not, but there's one at a big chuck off

yes your right, there are a few going at fantastic discounts used, but very few hours on them, some open boxed but not used, i don't think naim, was planning on this, i think the guy at Central Audio had one for sale a while ago,

There are several being touted around as used or ex dem at present for similar prices.

Naim obviously made the dealers commit to taking them and they have subsequently struggled to sell them.

It's a bit difficult to see how they ever could have had a "full retail" price since with only 500 out there which were mostly "pre sold" its not like dealers can have a dem one with the expectation that a customer could expect to order another one.

Anyone who did what Naim wanted and pre-ordered a Solstice has taken a bath. Sad, but I don't really feel sorry for them. What was at play was obvious before these decks even left the factory. In Germany.

I also see a few on the naim forum that have already ditched the naim branded cartridge and phono stage, this to me begs the question, why buy it in the first place.
I guess buying blind for some wasn't a great idea

I also see a few on the naim forum that have already ditched the naim branded cartridge and phono stage, this to me begs the question, why buy it in the first place.

That's the only way Naim were selling it and changing the cartridge and phono stage is a pretty normal thing to do when tweaking the sound of a turntable. I think another mistake was locking buyers into the full package rather than developing and selling the deck in modular form like the LP12. A universal fit tonearm with optional cartridge and phono stage. I get the feeling that whoever called the shots on this project did not understand vinyl users or the market at all.

It would seem that the party faithful failed to believe the hype which is a shame as the deck and arm are top flight
(from those that have had long term use of the package) apart from the arm not being suitable for LP12 as mentioned above (has someone actually tried this ?!) and the shared psu and phono stage cartridge letting the package down.

I would be tempted if the price 2nd hand/ex dem is around 9K similar to SME 2nd hand etc.

It would seem that the party faithful failed to believe the hype which is a shame as the deck and arm are top flight
(from those that have had long term use of the package) apart from the arm not being suitable for LP12 as mentioned above (has someone actually tried this ?!) and the shared psu and phono stage cartridge letting the package down.

I would be tempted if the price 2nd hand/ex dem is around 9K similar to SME 2nd hand etc.

I am among the many who have not heard a Solstice. However, for £9K second-hand, you can buy quite a lot of great turntables that I have heard, with a great (possibly better) phono -stage and cartridge.

Was one Solstice/Naim is/are crap thread not enough for you lot? This is the same shit that some of you have been repeatedly posting in the other Solstice thread for weeks on end. Made all the more laughable by the fact most of you ‘experts’ have never actually listened to one.

advertisement

Back