advertisement

According to my son (it's his kitten) it's a domestic shorthair and British shorthair mix.

And grandad was a ring tailed lemur :)

Mathias-Appel-Ring-tailed-lemur-showing-tail-032ce8a.jpg

A very unexpected purchase had to be collected yesterday, a pair of recently refurbished Quad ESL 57's, and as you will realise they haven't had time to fully warm up yet but I really like them, never owned a pair and it is years since I last heard them. I was a little concerned my 7 watt amp may struggle, but this is not the case since it drives them with ease well above my normal listening levels.

They look fabulous and a very clean pair. I assume OTA refurbished them?

You just need a Leak ST20 or Radford STA15 to drive them now :)

@amazement, @Gervais Cote and @chiily I am very happy with them so far, now looking for stands to lift them off the floor, I've put a wanted ad in the classifieds, as for amps, I'm happy with the one I have. :)
Sorry should have added, they were refurbished by OTA last month, the seller had waited a long time to get them done then decided to sell.

My wife purchased me a Rega P1 for my birthday for my office. Bless her, she didn't realise that I needed a phono stage, amplifier and speakers etc. Anyway paired it with some Klipsch 5s with built in MM phono, DAC and amp etc, perfect for the office. Sounds great given the placement constraints etc.
bnMrXPG.jpg
Znl5hsV.jpg

Nearly there...

20220716-141940.jpg
20220716-142148.jpg

Just got to finish the new plinth for the LP12 & carry out some serious cable dressing.

This is easily the best sounding system I've put together, greatly helped by a room that just seems to "work", even more so since adding more furniture & of course the rug!
Most visitors first response is "where's that bass coming from"!

Still awaiting the return of my 303 from Amplabs which when combined with my Spendor 11ohm LS3/5As will give me a different flavour of Quad/LS3/5A goodness.

TS

Nearly there...

20220716-141940.jpg
20220716-142148.jpg

Just got to finish the new plinth for the LP12 & carry out some serious cable dressing.

This is easily the best sounding system I've put together, greatly helped by a room that just seems to "work", even more so since adding more furniture & of course the rug!

Still awaiting the return of my 303 from Amplabs which when combined with my Spendor 11ohm LS3/5As will give me a different flavour of Quad/LS3/5A goodness.

TS
I love this simple system.

Nearly there...

20220716-141940.jpg
20220716-142148.jpg

TS

Looking nice, did you manage to sell the Tannoys?

Looking nice, did you manage to sell the Tannoys?
You may be confusing me with someone else, had some Chesters for a short time but they were sold a couple of years ago. Had Stirling LS3/5As for a while now, first V2s then my current V3s since last December.
TS

Nearly there...

20220716-141940.jpg
20220716-142148.jpg

TS
This little Quad amp is awesome for both the look and sound, as always !

advertisement

Back