advertisement

We have music!

Loaner SME V (cheers!) whilst I wait to see how long it might take to get the Graham arm

a400b02dba945bc773c50c6ec0e31b7dbbfa6c6c.jpeg

Great looking TT, envious. Why not stick with the V, I would over a Graham. Mind you, if it was mine I’d use a decent Japanese arm. Audiocraft or similar

Dali Opticon 1 MK2

Welcome, Tricky -- a really nice system and room you've got there!

Please forgive the unsolicited advice -and this may just be a "trick" (I'll get me coat) of the camera lens- but it looks like your right speaker could stand to move toward your fireplace by a foot or two, with a bit more toe-in.

Great looking TT, envious. Why not stick with the V, I would over a Graham. Mind you, if it was mine I’d use a decent Japanese arm. Audiocraft or similar

SME V over a Graham Elite? Not for me. I'd rather stick my FR64s on rather than the SME, but YMMV.

Given I can put up to 4 arms I dare say there'll be an Ikeda or similar on it some point.

Far dues, I’ve not heard the elite but had a Phantom ii which imo didn’t outperform the AC, or indeed some older gimballed arms.
The ikeda would look the part for sure!

Cat's are individualists. If they where audiophiles they wouldn't go with the same Bose/Pioneer/(insert favorite BIG brand) as all the others.

Cat's are individualists. If they where audiophiles they wouldn't go with the same Bose/Pioneer/(insert favorite BIG brand) as all the others.

That system is a bit of an eclectic mix, so perhaps he likes it - Project turntable with various upgrades, Cambridge Audio phono stage, Musical Fidelity transport and DAC, Audiolab amp, Triangle speakers and a Squeezebox Touch.

He also climbs on the turntable in my bedroom system from time to time:

172759654.dC7fxsEj.cat01.jpg

According to my son (it's his kitten) it's a domestic shorthair and British shorthair mix. He's definitely a good looking cat and the tail is very long.

Here's a closer view:
And one with the dog as well:

172756142.baf7B4Is.an101.jpg

Lordy .... this photograph has the lot !!! A cat, a dog, a rug and a lamp ! Oh, and some nice hifi

A very unexpected purchase had to be collected yesterday, a pair of recently refurbished Quad ESL 57's, and as you will realise they haven't had time to fully warm up yet but I really like them, never owned a pair and it is years since I last heard them. I was a little concerned my 7 watt amp may struggle, but this is not the case since it drives them with ease well above my normal listening levels.

A very unexpected purchase had to be collected yesterday, a pair of recently refurbished Quad ESL 57's, and as you will realise they haven't had time to fully warm up yet but I really like them, never owned a pair and it is years since I last heard them. I was a little concerned my 7 watt amp may struggle, but this is not the case since it drives them with ease well above my normal listening levels.

They look good, they were meant to be driven by a low powered source. Don’t be tempted to move them backwards, they are best with a bit of space behind them.

They look lovely, like new.

Be warned : you might become addicted !

advertisement

Back