advertisement

Potential Level 4 heat warning for Sunday/Monday/Tuesday in England (i.e., you might die)

notaclue

pfm Member
It's going to be horribly hot. Possibly insanely hot.

Could be a red alert, meaning the fit and healthy will be at risk. :eek:

Stock up on ice lollies before Saturday. And bottled water in case of water cuts.

FXdJSllXwAASSTw

The forecast down here in Devon still has it only in the high 20s. Where is it predicted to reach 40?!

It's not. The Met Office is forecasting a high of 33 on Monday (London) and the UKHSA website is only warning a Level 3 on Sun / Mon.

Good Afternoon All,

ZsMlEqK.png

Just a reminder that the UK government declared there was a climate emergency in May 2019 and hopeful Conservative leaders still haven't a f*****g clue.

After all there is nothing in the least unusual about the UK, potentially, seeing temperatures of >40°C - it's all perfectly normal.

At the risk of seriously p*****g people off on the forum but there really is only the one issue in the world which is important, everything else is secondary and I really do wonder when the PTB will actually buy into it and enforce the changes necessary......

Regards

Richard

Last edited:
^ nothing serious will change until London and New York burn down. Might be a bit too late.
Anglo American politics is extreme short-term.

Could be 40 in East Anglia. https://www.mylondon.news/news/uk-world-news/london-weather-met-office-forecaster-24452038

Met Office bod: “There is a 10 per cent chance of temperature values exceeding 40C. It's been a very consistent signal from this American model so can't be ignored." But there is a 30 per cent chance of temperatures exceeding 38.7C and breaking the current record.

Then it's good news that there's no nuclear power plant in Cambridge Botanical Gardens. :)

Not that warm up in Galloway so the fire will be going on tnight, only had 1 day so far this year when it wasn’t needed.

It was 42C here today...it's 10:30ish rn and still in the high 30's

Superb humidity, blistering heat, sweaty bum bum....whats not to like?

Currently 27 in my home office, with the window open, and it's cloudy outside. I can see it hitting low 30s without much trouble if the weather stays like this and we get a series of cloudless days. We're down in Hove.

where is here?

I accidentally moved to Hangzhou China in Jan. It's hot...really really hot. But the beers are cold and there are plenty of craft ones to try. Current faves are Mango sour IPA and Osmanthus IPA.

It's so hot I actually saw a couple of sparrows literally cease to exist right before my eyes.

advertisement

Back