advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: IV VONC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d put money on CWS being looked back on with huge cultural relevance. He is far too good to be overlooked. Russ Jones’s The Week In Tory too. The best satire of this era by far IMHO. I don’t even bother watching things like HIGNFY, Mock The Week etc anymore, they are days or even weeks old by the time of broadcast, and seem pretty safe and dull now. I haven’t bought a newspaper this century. I’ve no idea why anyone does.
HIGNFY is broadcast 24 hours after recording.

FWpf00HX0AEet5e

Well, don't we all feel silly. No.10 has revealed that it was Conor Burns who walked in on Boris and Carrie. And they were simply enjoying an innocent glass of wine. Fully dressed. Which is why No.10 went to such lengths to spike the original Times story.

Far be it for me to question the integrity of the PM. I think we can agree it's time to draw a line and move on.

I have had people walk into the room I was in on more than one occasion. Wonder if No10 has been asking around for examples of when people walked in on Boris and Carrie, and this one of a few its safe to make public knowledge.

Well, don't we all feel silly. No.10 has revealed that it was Conor Burns who walked in on Boris and Carrie. And they were simply enjoying an innocent glass of wine. Fully dressed. Which is why No.10 went to such lengths to spike the original Times story.

Far be it for me to question the integrity of the PM. I think we can agree it's time to draw a line and move on.
Nero fiddles while Conor Burns.

Drinking at work with your girlfriend is OK, then? What about security?

Nothing, but they don’t do made to measure IIRC, and the least you should expect of the leader of a G7 country is that his clothes fit him properly.

I can't help but think that the least you should expect of the leader of a G7 country is that they aren't serial liars. They can wear bikinis for all I care, it's what they do and say that counts.

I can't help but think that the least you should expect of the leader of a G7 country is that they aren't serial liars. They can wear bikinis for all I care, it's what they do and say that counts.
Well yes, but what I meant was that dressing oneself properly is somewhat easier than not being a liar, con man or cheat; hence it is the least effort we can expect of them. The rest is a prerequisite, and essential, but seems to be in short supply.

Defo Tarantula Man who walked in and caught them in flagrante delicto. He went round to tell Conor Burns who came for a look through the keyhole by which point Boris was taking a call from Viktor Orban without breaking his stride.

I have had people walk into the room I was in on more than one occasion. Wonder if No10 has been asking around for examples of when people walked in on Boris and Carrie, and this one of a few its safe to make public knowledge.
How did you get any work done?

All this shite and still Labour are only marginally better in the poles. If they’re not capable of beating this lot then what.
You need to factor in the populist pull Boris has in line with the utter ignorance of the British public, so even a smidgen ahead is a win for Labour. Not that polls mean a toss.

The next election will likely hang on the money of Arron Banks and the popular fascism of Nigel Farage again. If they choose to target and split the Labour gammon out of ‘red wall’ again a lot of seats will likely stay Tory. The polls can not predict this kind of system gaming. This scam didn’t win the last election for Johnson, but it certainly boosted the Tory majority. In a closer game it could be even more destructive.

It amazes me how this has been written out of history by the right-wing media. The ‘Brexit Party weren’t even a proper political party under most definitions of the term. The damage these two people have done to the UK is incalculable.

I suspect the next election will still be about Brexit. The Tories are mining a rich seam in the red wall. And once again, Labour will not dare to get off the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back