advertisement

Your YouTube Adventures

From the same channel on Jan Zelezny's Javelin world record.

Videos like this are great as they highlight the extraordinary capabilities of human beings, even if some of the facts are wrong: Zelezny won gold at the 2001 Goodwill Games in Australia, not the Commonwealth Games as stated.

Watched a whole load in this series now, I don't really know what is going on but I like what he does and the results. His other videos are great as well, especially the self driving tug pulling him on the boat.

Watched a whole load in this series now, I don't really know what is going on but I like what he does and the results. His other videos are great as well, especially the self driving tug pulling him on the boat.

Buccaaneer pilots used that effect to fly low under ships' radars.

Buccaaneer pilots used that effect to fly low under ships' radars.

Whilst I've no doubt Bucc pilots used the ground effect, or any low flying plane for that matter, the focus here is solely ground effect vehicles- those that rely on it for lift and can't achieve full flight, Ekranoplan etc.

Some excellent historic rally noises here if you're into that sort of thing, his channel is worth a sub as he goes to all sorts of cool events and closed track events.

The video below shows the macro movement in real time of the forces and their numbers during WWII. Text overlays at the bottom left note the occurrence of important events. The static map we see is pretty basic but hopefully we all know enough about Europe to know where the relevant countries and cities are once the graphics are in motion.

I suggest playing the video at 0.25 speed as some of the text overlays come and go quite quickly as there are understandably a lot of highlights to mention. Plus, the music at quarter speed sounds appropriately eerie considering millions and millions of people fought in combat and millions and millions of people died.

Sure, the video could be improved in places but I've honestly never seen anything quite like it before so it's definitely worth a watch as it is.

advertisement

Back