advertisement

A stunning looking system. I bet it all sounds wonderful. The AN valve amp looks amazing (and the clock). What model is the amp?

Hi, The amp is the AN Kit 1, now called ANK (Audio Note Kit), this is the anniversary edition with C-core output transformers.
The DAC (right) and Phono Stage (left) are also ANK, all handbuilt by myself.
I'll post some internal pic if anyone is interested?

DAC 2.1
wHVy6tk.jpg

OUJQawY.jpg

zs5GW0S.jpg

Phono Stage L3
xCUBedb.jpg

EBgFb4l.jpg

Amp AN Kit 1
O1gaSvj.jpg

MCp7PjG.jpg

Going to replace most of the internal signal wire in the 3 units with Duelund 0.4mm solid silver/oil cotton soon, ill keep you all posted how it goes.

Upgraded the kitchen and the system in it.. Sounds lovely now and finally have a system with definition and bass rather than just an Alexa...!

Bluesound Powernode N330 with ATC HTS7 & B&K XXLS Subwoofer..

ZCqzTYu.jpg

LXPN4JV.jpg

7318ON6.jpg

7AVJKW4.jpg
Are you using the ATCs for music too? How are they?

Are you using the ATCs for music too? How are they?

Yes I am, and really good. I struggled to find a traditional speaker that worked well - tried a few standmounts and the room just meant they were too close to the wall to work well. Then just happened across these on here as a recommendation from a trader, and yes they are great. I think that the XO has been adjusted to stop the midbass peak you get moving a speaker closer to the wall, and they even image very well! They are basically scm7’s in a different shaped box.

8202-E71-E-B03-C-4-EC2-A3-F9-76901-A92-CF56.jpg

This is a new attempt to solve the unsolvable - a Kartell “invisible” table. Wires everywhere, everything dusty, and a constant threat of hum still, but I thought I’d give myself a break from the stress of taking everything apart and putting it all back again by uploading a photo. I do have music at last! I think it’s a step in the right direction - not just because it’s transparent but also because it’s low - ugly things like this kit needs to be unobtrusive, and I think low makes them less intrusive.

advertisement

Back