advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

wonderful .... we love hedgehogs !!! a few years back we found a mum in a compost heap . then lots of sqeaks came and we found several baby hoglets . we took them to a hedgehog rescue place in bromsgrove

How marvellous. My father used to call them 'bushpigs', and they were common, but I haven't seen one for years on our otherwise quite fauna-rich smallholding. Amongst that assembly of creatures are badgers, which may possibly offer one explanation.

I’m mildly amused by that little fan in the last photo. Good effort.
Are you Bitcoin mining?

Well previously I didn't have that fan inlet. That was a dumb mistake as the inner box has a cover, its actually a thermal box, and of course with no inlet the pump got to like a million degrees in a few minutes before I twigged lol.

I don't do mining, that was a mugs game years ago and sure is now. I just wanted to geek out to the max and so I did.

Had the boiler serviced yesterday as a condition of the sale of the house, exchange of contracts pending.

Today it is dead, no sign of life at all. I've got a bad feeling about it.

Oddly, this morning the old electric kettle blew up when I switched it on for my morning tea, and knocked out the fuses.

I'm keeping a wary eye on the fridge, and the electric oven. Oh, and the dishwasher.

Yesterday was bizarre. Now in a room with a telly...
Stoll not been out of bed.
Yesterday was on Oxycontin which had me hallucinating..watching door handles slide down doors...complete with escutcheon.
Took me hours to compose a 2 line text

I’ve had a bloody hard day today installing panel lighting on a main stairwell. My boss doesn’t give a toss about anyone but himself and I’ve been left to sort this job out on my own. I’ve returned home to my workshop and I’m quietly getting pissed whilst sorting out the wiring chaos in my GTM :mad::mad::mad:
I can't help wondering whether the wiring chaos on your GTM might have been caused by your propensity to tackle wiring jobs while getting quietly pissed ;)

Back to WFH after coming back from a Scottish holiday a day early - because we both contracted Covid!. UP until then we had a wonderful few days up in the Highlands with good weather. Covid for the first time for both of us... heaven knows how we got it - wife clearly got it a couple of days before I had any symptoms. She thought she had been overdoing the wine and sun. I had a 4th jab only a couple of weeks ago, but that has not stopped me from picking it up. I did the lateral flow test and reported it the NHS app - which promptly set off a system that declared that I am vulnerable and should receive special treatment. I had recent Chemo and Radio therapy back in April and early May, so had been told that by the system.
So after several NHS text messages and call from a duty Doctor....yesterday a nurse came to the house and spent about 45 mins overall putting a intravenous monoclonal antibody treatment in me. Saved me driving 45 minutes to the nearest IV clinic. Amazingly, I was feeling considerably 'better' within a couple of hours!, remarkable stuff. To be fair my symptoms were not terrible - more like a cold. Wife had various aches and pains and general tiredness. Is feeling a bit better today.

But .... this week two of our daughters have to move home from Uni accommodation at the end of their degrees - to live with us for the summer. So.. all sorts of logistical issues to deal with on that front. One is going to live with her boyfriend for the week (and then goes on holiday to Greece with him anyway) and the other will just have to work out how we can share the house for a few days until we go negative. We can collect her belongings from the student house - wife will drive up, daughter will load car in a socially distanced way and then wife will drive the stuff home. Daughter will meanwhile travel back with someone else - she fortunately shares the house with an old school friend who lives close by us.

I can't help wondering whether the wiring chaos on your GTM might have been caused by your propensity to tackle wiring jobs while getting quietly pissed ;)

It was like that when I bought it. The car is mid engined using a pair of Metro front subframes and a K series twin cam so the builder spliced two Metro wiring looms together but didn’t remove the spare wiring from either loom. It’s a real rats nest but that wasn’t the reason I felt like getting pissedo_O

In a long and rather dull Zoom meeting. At least I can turn off the video and wander away from time to time

Took the wife's Qashqai to get the airbag flashing light code read as it needs MOT. He said it could be one of a couple of things, or just a glitch. He cleared the error, so currently ok, so MOT is booked for Saturday. Hopefully it will not reappear, but if it does, looks like a franchise dealer job.

52181841101_6c01a8bf4b.jpg

Discovering with horror that there is a Mustard Crisis in France. After failing to find any in two supermarkets (‘salt, pepper, oil, vinaigrette... where’s the bloody mustard? Sod it, I’ll get some in the next one...’) the centime finally dropped when I spotted a lot of empty shelf space in the third. My tenuous grip on coping with everyday life was loosened a little further when (still standing in front of the empty shelves) I found this item.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...hit-by-climate-and-rising-costs-say-producers

Back to WFH after coming back from a Scottish holiday a day early - because we both contracted Covid!. UP until then we had a wonderful few days up in the Highlands with good weather. Covid for the first time for both of us... heaven knows how we got it - wife clearly got it a couple of days before I had any symptoms. She thought she had been overdoing the wine and sun. I had a 4th jab only a couple of weeks ago, but that has not stopped me from picking it up. I did the lateral flow test and reported it the NHS app - which promptly set off a system that declared that I am vulnerable and should receive special treatment. I had recent Chemo and Radio therapy back in April and early May, so had been told that by the system.
So after several NHS text messages and call from a duty Doctor....yesterday a nurse came to the house and spent about 45 mins overall putting a intravenous monoclonal antibody treatment in me. Saved me driving 45 minutes to the nearest IV clinic. Amazingly, I was feeling considerably 'better' within a couple of hours!, remarkable stuff. To be fair my symptoms were not terrible - more like a cold. Wife had various aches and pains and general tiredness. Is feeling a bit better today.

But .... this week two of our daughters have to move home from Uni accommodation at the end of their degrees - to live with us for the summer. So.. all sorts of logistical issues to deal with on that front. One is going to live with her boyfriend for the week (and then goes on holiday to Greece with him anyway) and the other will just have to work out how we can share the house for a few days until we go negative. We can collect her belongings from the student house - wife will drive up, daughter will load car in a socially distanced way and then wife will drive the stuff home. Daughter will meanwhile travel back with someone else - she fortunately shares the house with an old school friend who lives close by us.

hope you feel better soon

stage 2 of kitchen refurb with new vinyl laid today . lots of painting and fence painting with stinky stuff from screwfix . expensive but good [ no nonsense wood preservative ]

advertisement

Back