advertisement

BBC 1 SHERWOOD. 5 star heads up.

Whether his good deeds outweigh the bad is a matter for Allah. Many a convicted murderer, with an otherwise unblemished record, claimed accident as a defence.

This is a drama after all.

Aye okay don't get your knickers in a twist.

I'm a Catholic and if you commit a mortal sin ie murder then you ain't going to heaven he compared Araf to (Catholic) purgatory and to bhuddism

Aye okay don't get your knickers in a twist.

I'm a Catholic and if you commit a mortal sin ie murder then you ain't going to heaven he compared Araf to (Catholic) purgatory and to bhuddism
From my increasingly dim memory of Catholic theology surely you could go to Heaven, whatever your sins, provided you genuinely repented and did penance for them? Mind you, back then, there was also Limbo for unbaptised infants and righteous heathens. I don’t know where those people have been packed off to now.

From my increasingly dim memory of Catholic theology surely you could go to Heaven, whatever your sins, provided you genuinely repented and did penance for them? Mind you, back then, there was also Limbo for unbaptised infants and righteous heathens. I don’t know where those people have been packed off to now.

All sins can be forgiven

A person who repents of their sin, intends to live a new life of grace, and receives the Sacrament of Reconciliation will be forgiven of all their sins (mortal sins in particular must be confessed in the Sacrament). Our sins can be forgiven, because Jesus Christ paid for the price of human sin by dying on the cross for the redemption of humanity. Jesus Christ, true man and true God, was the perfect sacrifice for human sin and as a result saved those who are baptized, repent and believe in him.

It is vitally important that Catholics confess sins on a regular basis, especially if we are in the state of mortal sin. A person who dies in mortal sin cannot enter the kingdom of heaven and is doomed to eternal suffering in hell. Even when we have not committed mortal sin, we are still obliged to confess our sins at least once a year. Christ, in perfect love, laid down his life so that we may be forgiven of our sins. The sacrifice of the cross should not be neglected or taken for granted. Jesus died for the life of the world and is thus the light of the world. “He that followeth me, walketh not in darkness, but shall have the light of life” (John 8:12)

https://stmaryofthesevendolors.com/prayers-2/list-of-mortal-sins-every-catholic-should-know/

Having Virgin, I wasn't sure which to record, as Virgin captions don't reflect changes in programming.
My wife was out playing tennis. Consequently I was listening to music, having set the Sky box to tape Sherwood ready to watch when my wife was back. Lo and behold, when pressing "play" for Sherwood on her return we were greeted by more bl**dy tennis!

I ended up recording both, though watched Sherwood as it was broadcast. This morning I thought I'd watch the final games of the Andy match but because it was captioned 'Sherwood', I deleted it. Clicked 'Today in Wimbledon' (which it wasn't anyway) and was confronted by Sherwood. I'd deleted the wrong one !!!!! Doh !

Bloody BBC. Bloody Virgin. Now let's see, what else can I blame......? Antincip, you have my condolences ! I can only watch iPlayer on my computer (which just ain't the same). Ah yes, bloody iPlayer ! That's better !!!!!!

The scene where the killer was interviewed by the two policemen, and finally got to explain himself, was excellent, as was the scene towards the end, set in the miner's welfare.

Having seen all the episodes, the mad train driver subplot seems a bit of a needless diversion.

Still think Ian St Clair was a spycop, maybe not officially, but he did stick his dad in it plus the guy, Gary, who was murdered.

Peterbourgh must have been a terrible place for infant mortality in the 1960s.

Wonder what agent Keats' real name was?

The scene where the killer was interviewed by the two policemen, and finally got to explain himself, was excellent, as was the scene towards the end, set in the miner's welfare.

Having seen all the episodes, the mad train driver subplot seems a bit of a needless diversion.

Think that was more of a nod to the actual double murders that took place in 2004.

Also think the miner's welfare scene at the end was a bit terrifying anyone of those present could have been a spycop, think that was the point.

Last edited:

Well, yes, with hindsight. Can't actually see any connection to other events except the arrow and the woods encounter. Regardless, a dramatically acted diversion.

Why's that?

'Cos my Sony Tv predates smart (iPlayer loaded) TVs. I've been told I can get an Amazon Firestick (whatever that is) for about £25 and presumably it simply plugs into a Scart or whatever. It pisses me off that I can get catch-up on most other prog's via Virgin (ponderous as it is) but no catch-up on BBC where I pay the licence fee. There's no justice in this media world !

Good series ruined again by a shite ending

I'd agree that the ending was a bit more philosophical and limp than expected; almost as if the plot line ran out half an hour before the allotted time. Still, guess they needed to clarify a few historical points. However, a second series??????? How can that be?

Have to agree with most of the posts here, very good actors but a ropey ending. WTF was with the service revolvers? it's not like they were going behind the Iron Curtain and were they allowed to keep them a souvenir of a job well done?, and has anyone tried to see if the predictive text on a smart phone changes 'tickets' to that exposing word????

I sat down last night to watch my Sky Q recording of episode 6 and was met with…….

An hour of Wimbledon!

'Cos my Sony Tv predates smart (iPlayer loaded) TVs. I've been told I can get an Amazon Firestick (whatever that is) for about £25 and presumably it simply plugs into a Scart or whatever.
Simplest (and cheapest) solution would be to run an HDMI lead from your laptop to your TV.

Simplest (and cheapest) solution would be to run an HDMI lead from your laptop to your TV.

Thanks for that. My desktop is upstairs, so inaccessible for connections to TV downstairs, but my wife has her laptop downstairs, so I'll discuss this with her. As I'm unfamiliar with HDMI leads & connections, are there quality benefits as in audio interconnects or the old scarts (which really showed up visual benefits as one upgraded)?

advertisement

Back