advertisement

Steve Bray's 'protest' equipment seized on first day of new law

Have you thought about creating a sticky thread for such petitions? Or does one already exist? I'd be delighted to visit it regularly.

I suspect it is actually more effective using threads such as this one to keep things fresh. I do it very regularly. Stickied threads tend to become part of the furniture and ignored IME, e.g. the number of PMs I get from folk not understanding how the pfm classified area works despite stickied threads, the room strap-line etc etc beggars belief!

Most if not all of these entities tend to have a subscription option, e.g. I pay an amount each month to GLP just the same way I’ve sponsored a sea turtle via WWF. I think they all do it starting at a fiver a month or even less. With LBD I tend to bung them a £20 or whatever whenever they’ve made a particularly good point, so I kind of let their work remind me. I follow them all on Twitter so I’m always up to date with what they are doing and I’ll keep promoting them here whenever the opportunity arises, as it did so clearly with this thread. Hopefully we’ll make them a few extra £100 between us and that certainly all helps.

He's in parliament square. I doubt he can be heard from more than 3 meters away over the traffic.

Was about to post exactly the same thing - he's stood next to four lanes of Central London traffic!

I ride through there once or twice a week and honestly I've never noticed him.

He has to annoy. Without being an ass he wouldn't be news worthy. But if he turns up outside my gate and starts putting a tent up, Im kicking his ass a half mile down the road
:)

Plenty of video evidence that the met are guilty of

Theft of sound equipment

Going equipped for theft

Harassment

Intimidation

Several public order infringements

I cycle round Parliament Square on a regular basis. Not seen Bray for sometime. He was always outside the House of Lords pre Covid. Perhaps he's based on Whitehall now ( location of twitter clips ) There are always people protesting and making a noise outside the HoC. Some do it better than others. None of them deserved to be moved on for trying to get a point across.

He can go and be a hero in your back garden.

It's not the act of protesting that's the trouble, it's the constant and I imagine unreasonable noise. Every day. He can do a quiet protest and I'm sure nobody would trouble him.
And if he does a quiet protest that doesn’t trouble people, he, and his protest are easy to ignore. And therefore pointless. Is that how it should be in your book?

https://twitter.com/snb19692/status/1541766800613982208

To be honest, I say good. I think he deserves it.

Very annoying and doesn't know when to stop. Would drive you mad. He must do this every day https://twitter.com/snb19692/status/1541708405974470659. Does he turn off the loud music or stop shouting if a small child or baby is nearby? In case he damages their hearing? Bet he doesn't. Selfish oaf.

I trust pfm agrees with me...

Anyone who protests about the stupidity of BREXIT gets my support and if they annoy Tory MPs at the same time, it can only be a good thing.

advertisement

Back