advertisement

Stock Market 2022

Consolidation of the miners to a couple of survivors means that Bitcoins "consensus" security becomes hopelessly broken

I still don't get how they make those predictions as virtually no predictions the last few years have been correct so they should just give up trying and admit they don't know.... Wellington is down 14% already and it's only half way thru 2022.

The hoped for 'soft landing'.

Fortune telling is big business. It doesn't have to be right (and rarely is), it just has to provide a measure of reassurance/control/profit.

My bro in Oz sent me this and thought it was funny...They only get inflation data quarterly.
The were adamant interest rates wouldn't increase until 2024.... Whoops!!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Lowe-laughed-Zurich-inflation-conference.html

China won't 'save' Oz like it did back in 2008 so they're actually getting worried now.
Like I said earlier, if the house of cards collapses like 2008, there is no world growth engine like China to prop stuff up this time...how many people do you know that ****ed off to Oz in 2009/10 to ride on the back of China's massive stimulus? Here in Ireland, it felt like every second person I know did that.

Ultimately, global demand for pretty much everything is only going one way, until the human race implodes…

General question for you stock-pickers. When I buy or sell shares, the commission at 1.6???whatever percent PLUS £15 compliance charge per trade would make it unproductive to chop and change. However, the FTSE fluctuates daily with vast numbers of shares being bought/sold. Is there one dealing regime for some and another for small investors like me? That compliance charge, firstly £10 then hiked last year, is a load of crap, but presumably a statutory one.
When I started buying properly in 2003 via Saga and/or Barclays, overall charges were minimal. Do I have the wrong broker (Redmayne Bentley)?

Ah the good old days of 4,000 BCE.

The global population has pretty much doubled in just over 40 years. I’d say that trend is fairly concerning from a planet sustainability perspective. Clearly great from a short - medium term demand point of view.

The global population has pretty much doubled in just over 40 years. I’d say that trend is fairly concerning from a planet sustainability perspective. Clearly great from a short - medium term demand point of view.

I completely agree. It's not sustainable. And as I've probably posted before I can't help but wonder if whatever sentient creatures are left after we wipe ourselves out won't breath a collective sigh of relief.

I completely agree. It's not sustainable. And as I've probably posted before I can't help but wonder if the whatever sentient creatures are left after we wipe ourselves out won't breath a collective sigh of relief.

It’s the great big elephant nobody wants to talk about. No matter how we tweak around the edges, more people equals more consumption of resources. Nature will fight back and ultimately win.

It’s the great big elephant nobody wants to talk about. No matter how we tweak around the edges, more people equals more consumption of resources. Nature will fight back and ultimately win.

Covid was a sign of that...

Anyway, lets drive around in 2.5 tonne EV's to solve the issue.

Great idea, whilst burning coal to power them.

Nah, take it straight from the source.
That's not an EV towing that generator BTW...

32FQasxZ.jpg

What cracks me up is the Fed etc. are trying to engineer an economic 'soft landing'...but history shows they have never succeeded doing that in the past

They’ve not managed it before because in the early 90’s they allowed foreclosures to let rip to flush things out. During the GFC they slashed IR’s to save people. Can’t do that this time if things get choppy. That leaves more bail outs to prevent forced sales and maintain asset prices IMHO. No way will govts let hundreds of thousands of homes be repo’d.

advertisement

Back