advertisement

Great Albums with one (really) naff track

Almost every Beatles album has at least one. The one I particularly dislike is "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da".
Got to agree with March on 'Money', I literally skip it.

Lennon hated it too, you're in good company.

I was going to nominate Equator from Sparks' Kimono My House, but humming it to myself I'm quite liking it now, and it has become an earworm.

Much prefer The Band, though I like both British Folk(Rock) and Americana. Can’t think of a naff track on any Band album myself though they did have a bit of a naff member depending on whose story you believe.
Islands is OK at best and any song from it would be naff on The Band or Big Pink (Georgia excepted, but that's a cover made great by Richard Manuel's vocal).

Almost every Beatles album has at least one. I particularly dislike is "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da".
Out of all Macca’s dodgy efforts it’s certainly not the worst one :D
(Seemed to go down well at Glasto too)

Love – Da Capo. A brilliant album, second only to Forever Changes but it has one dodgy track; Revelation.
Also, Talking In My Sleep from Four Sail. Jars with the rest of the album. Whereas everything else on it sounds pure late 60s, that one seems to hark back to around 1964.

Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast, on Floyd's Atom Heart Mother. Bit of a waste really. Love the other three tracks on the second side. Might be in a minority here, but I do like the AHM suite on side 1 as well.

I could never really be doing with LA Blues on The Stooges ‘Fun House’ (cue cries of ‘best track on the album mate!)

Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast, on Floyd's Atom Heart Mother. Bit of a waste really. Love the other three tracks on the second side. Might be in a minority here, but I do like the AHM suite on side 1 as well.
Unfashionably, I rate AHM as one of Floyd’s best albums and I even like the breakfast track.

Also, Talking In My Sleep from Four Sail. Jars with the rest of the album. Whereas everything else on it sounds pure late 60s, that one seems to hark back to around 1964.

Embarrassed to say that I haven’t got Four Sail and can’t remember what it sounds like.

I was going to say ' Well Its True That We Love One Another' on 'Elephant' by The White Stripes, or 'Mother's Lament' from 'Disraeli Gears' by Cream... but the Miles Davis one beats them

Deep Purple - Fireball and "Anyone's Daughter" though I have grown to like it and it is very much from its time.

I don't dislike it but know what you mean, it's severely out of place. Much like Hot Dog on Zep's In Through The Out Door.

oh god yes... you win. I bet Miles is still smiling ;) about the inclusion of 'Nothing Like You' - 1:55 of the most unlikely music on any Miles record

"We'd like to make the album just under two minutes longer. Do you have anything we might be able to use? Ideally it should be a completely different band in a completely different style recorded years earlier with a cheesy crooner. How about an outtake from that Christmas compilation we did? That would be perfect..."

You could put a cracking Beatles compilation Album together that would be totally unlistenable. Quite a fun Item, I'd buy it but it wouldn't get played.

I wonder how long a thread about this would last on the Steve Hoffman Forum.

advertisement

Back