advertisement

Roe vs Wade overturned

No child should be exposed to sex at 9, for the simple reason that it is illegal. It is rape, as a 9 year old cannot consent. This is nothing to do with education and everything to do with criminal behaviour.

I agree, it absolutely should not happen, making abortion illegal should not happen. Unfortunately it is sensible that provisions are made for the exceptions.

Anyway, I feel that education aside we stand on the same side on this, rather than descend into squabble I shall wish you well and appreciate the exchange.

It sounds like beginning of a limerick

A Muslim Freemason in Penang
Was a regular reader of Kerrang
Though a big fan of Korn
He discarded with scorn
The comedian known as Phil Wang
A Muslim Freemason in Penang
Used high buildings to play with his wang
One day he dislodged
A fellow mason's hod
And departed this world with a bang.

I agree, it absolutely should not happen, making abortion illegal should not happen. Unfortunately it is sensible that provisions are made for the exceptions.

Anyway, I feel that education aside we stand on the same side on this, rather than descend into squabble I shall wish you well and appreciate the exchange.
Provision is already made. It's a crime, and criminals are prosecuted. The crime of rape is nothing to do with education, you can't protect a rape victim by educating them about sexual reproduction any more than you can protect a murder victim by telling them how a gun works. I know how a gun works, but if I'm unfortunate enough to be shot by one, that's not going to help.

But abortion for purposes of contraception is seldom if ever done at this late stage. Abortions of fetuses with no possible viability and/or for the health of the mother are outside the purview of Roe v. Wade.

Does the decision to overturn Roe vs Wade also cover the us of the morning after pill?

Does the decision to overturn Roe vs Wade also cover the us of the morning after pill?

In practice very unlikely. As I understand it medicine is regulated at the federal level and buying out-of-state, even by mail order is possible. If not I’m prepared to bet it will be soon. There is a huge movement growing to fight this authoritarian bullshit by any method possible so I’m sure routes to such medicine will emerge if they are not already enshrined in federal law.

Where did I refer to a foetus as a blob?

Here's Ragamans post which I do not agree with although he is entitled to his own opinion as it is a huge moral question:

My view is that those who feel comfortable taking the life of a child is dark, nasty, self centred & cruel. Our society has become accustomed with killing babies, we have grown up with it & feel it a choice to take a human life for one's own end.

Your respone was:

A blob of jelly is not a child

As you well know, Ragaman was posting generally about aborting a child at any time whether at the fetus stage or before. What bothers me is that you thought it ok to compare an aborted baby to a blob of jelly. There's no twisting of words coming from me, I only reacted to what you chose to write. If it's not what you meant then you should probably put a little more thought into your responses, especially on a subject as loaded as this.

Here's Ragamans post which I do not agree with although he is entitled to his own opinion as it is a huge moral question:

Your respone was:

As you well know, Ragaman was posting generally about aborting a child at any time whether at the fetus stage or before. What bothers me is that you thought it ok to compare an aborted baby to a blob of jelly. There's no twisting of words coming from me, I only reacted to what you chose to write. If it's not what you meant then you should probably put a little more thought into your responses, especially on a subject as loaded as this.
It is a twisting of words and you are doing it again. A collection of cells is not by any definition - other than a certain kind of religious definition - a child.

A Catholic, a Muslim, a Jew and a Sikh walk into a Lodge - what a wonderful example of religious harmony.

Tis only a cult based on an idea of an architect, a creator of the universe.

A dangerous notion...

In reality, it is preposterous.

< ...must ...resist ...>

easily done, it'd have nothing to do with the appalling SCOTUS decision this thread is about, which results from the Pharisee-like American Christianism capture of the Judiciary.

advertisement

Back