advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Said goodbye to Mrs BB’s pocket rocket Fiesta ST Performance (the bright orange one), it was a hoot to drive and will be missed.

We collected the replacement BMW 128ti, much nicer interior and more refined all round. I’m not insured on it yet and I’ll pick a quieter time to take it for a spin. Mrs BB’s happy, which was the point of the exercise.

Cheers BB

Blimey they're a rarity, I bet they haven't sold many. Nice one.

Spent most of the day making some racking for the van out of a sheet of ply, a lot of effort and I'm not sure it was worth it in the end. It looked like a good idea but I don't think it has really helped anything, oh well.

Blimey they're a rarity, I bet they haven't sold many. Nice one.

Dropped lucky Matt, she wanted a Golf Gti and we watched reviews on YouTube, they all praised the 128ti. Looked on line and a dealer in Essex had one, went the next day and bought it. She had to take it built so had no choice in color, it’s white. Next available build slot is December.

Cheers BB

pickle backs to start dinner

20220625-193337.jpg

... cursing the CD player. It's not been used for a while, as I've been in Germany. Switched everything back on at the mains, then powered everything up. Whilst choosing what to play, I heard a low hiss from the left speaker. I was worried it was the ESL 63 going off, but changing the input stopped it.

In goes the disc, select CD, play. Silence apart from the hiss. Disc playing but no sound from the analogue XLR outputs - apart from the low hiss. Digital coaxial works, but doesn't sound as good.

Another thing to fix. This getting expensive.

:(

lazing around watching Glasto Waiting for a Amazon delivery.

Being amused watching an adult sparrow feeding three fledglings on the feeder in the front garden

... cursing the CD player. It's not been used for a while, as I've been in Germany. Switched everything back on at the mains, then powered everything up. Whilst choosing what to play, I heard a low hiss from the left speaker. I was worried it was the ESL 63 going off, but changing the input stopped it.

In goes the disc, select CD, play. Silence apart from the hiss. Disc playing but no sound from the analogue XLR outputs - apart from the low hiss. Digital coaxial works, but doesn't sound as good.

Another thing to fix. This is getting expensive.

:(

... and I've just tested positive for covid. First time.
What a day ... ☹️

I went to a braderie here...

52173404322_da7c724035.jpg

...humming ‘we’re going down the pub, derr-derr derr-derr...’ to myself the while, of course.

I bought this picture for 5€ - I thought it looked like a blow-up of the cover of a rather good album. Come on - you would buy it if it had a Tone Poet sticker on, admit it!

52174427141_a8842ed310.jpg

Oh yes, and a clock. God knows why. But the bell makes a nice ‘ting’ and the brass surround is a bit different.

52174435533_63d90338a9.jpg

Hopefully this wasn’t a fishee

When we were on holiday we were sitting watching the sunset, and Mrs H decided she needed her hat, so I nobly volunteered to fetch it. The two women sitting in the blue VW Polo were probably quite disconcerted to see an old bloke stood next to their car, furiously pressing the ‘unlock’ button on the car keys.

Fortunately I spotted our car parked a couple of spaces away before actually trying the door handles.

Just had first knee op. So different from the mental image I'd built up. Bit of self administered valium, bit of midazolam, bit of diamorphine and I happily listened to the carpentry noises.They've got me in increased dependency for 24-48 hours but all OK. Now been fed and beginning to regain feeling in legs.
Pain soon I suppose...

Just had first knee op. So different from the mental image I'd built up. Bit of self administered valium, bit of midazolam, bit of diamorphine and I happily listened to the carpentry noises.They've got me in increased dependency for 24-48 hours but all OK. Now been fed and beginning to regain feeling in legs.
Pain soon I suppose...

Good luck Mull, best wishes for a good recovery.

advertisement

Back