advertisement

Cricket 2022 - for all things cricket this year on PFM

Stokes really needs to give up on the charge down the wicket approach ! as Michael Vaughan said entertaining but stupid . You are facing an unknown bowler not sure how the pitch is playing , the conditions need to be calculated first , really Stokes should be playing the 100 + captains knock

What with the racism and being 20 years out of date on the cricket, Vaughan really going for the Geoffrey Boycott role it seems.

It was a sensational day's cricket and England were excellent.

Something of a roller coaster days cricket for England and I am pinching myself andfeeling fortunate that we are still in the game as me and the youngest are going to the test tomorrow. Weather forecast is ok too.

Anyone still calling for Crawley. to be given more time? Pleased for Leach though.

Yes I am, I'd guarantee him the summer to relieve some pressure. England discard openers like they're ten a penny. Poor shot yesterday but that ball was swinging with the humidity, not good when you're lacking confidence - even Root struggled. He might prove not to be up to adapting to test cricket but it shouldn't, this time, be because he was dropped too soon.

What with the racism and being 20 years out of date on the cricket, Vaughan really going for the Geoffrey Boycott role it seems.

It was a sensational day's cricket and England were excellent.
Except Boycott knows what he’s talking about & is actually from Yorkshire;)

Commentator raised a good point: Where is Jos Buttler ?
I agree. Ridiculous that one of the most destructive batsmen in the world is not in the team. Having more batsmen like Stokes and Bairstow actually takes pressure off them: even if only one scores he scores big and fast. If 2 click England win 75%. If 3 click they are unbeatable.
Let Buttler choose to be No 1/2 or 3 whichever he wants IMO.

Butler has been spending his time thrashing that well known cricket nation THe Netherlands ,it does seem to be abit of a waste . Leach was excellent , I was only calling for him to be replaced the other week ,he must have read my post lol !

This is good on Zak Crawley. I think he will get one last chance next week against India.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/b...t-for-this-england-but-offers-only-high-farce

That is a devastating summary! Drop him now while he still has a remote chance of working his way back into the team.
Replace with Jos. Toss a coin with Pope to decide position or discuss and decide like adults.
Pope, Buttler, Root, Bairstow, Stokes is enough to strike fear into any opposition. Fits the new ethos of play to win (why did it take so long ??) and will bring in the paying crowds. Simple really.

That is a devastating summary! Drop him now while he still has a remote chance of working his way back into the team.
Replace with Jos. Toss a coin with Pope to decide position or discuss and decide like adults.
Pope, Buttler, Root, Bairstow, Stokes is enough to strike fear into any opposition. Fits the new ethos of play to win (why did it take so long ??) and will bring in the paying crowds. Simple really.

Butler no thanks - he has proven over many years that he doesn’t have the game for the red ball.

advertisement

Back