advertisement

The most boring band?

Spot on.

As was this from earlier on...

97 posts and only one thing is certain...

Everyone's tastes are different and long may that continue.

Wouldn't it be boring if everyone liked the same thing, be it Hi Fi, music or which football team you support?

In music there is no good or bad, just like or don't like. (there may be some exceptions to this !!!!

LOL....yawn...time to nod off again..

Maybe there will be one more day like this...;)

Just noticed the thread starter is the dodgy Huddersfield supporter who hates Leeds United, David Byrne and now Elbow. He is stalking me! The guy just has bad taste:p

Ok time to nod off I'm back to the fire and brimstone of the Brexit thread

Obviously I’ve plenty of others too. Coldplay for definite. Don’t get me started on U2. I’m Irish and I’d definitely think less of someone’s musical taste (and probably their personality!) if they told me they like them…..like my in-laws!

Just noticed the thread starter is the dodgy Huddersfield supporter who hates Leeds United, David Byrne and now Elbow. He is stalking me! The guy just has bad taste:p

Ok time to nod off I'm back to the fire and brimstone of the Brexit thread
I only hate Leeds Utd, the rest are just boring or in the case of David Byrne massively overrated. You are actually replying to a topic I started so I’m a funny kind of stalker.

Def Leppard.
I actually think that they manage to wrap up the good to boring all in singular tracks.

They usually start well, first 30 seconds and "yeah, like that"
Next 30 seconds "do de do de do, yeah, that's ok"
Next 30 seconds "yawn...."
Then just totally switched off

The ones I always get mixed-up about, thus:

Snow Patrol/Arctic Monkeys
Franz Ferdinand/Kasabian/Kaiser Chiefs
Stereophonics/Ocean Colour Scene/British Sea Power
The Killers/The Strokes

If a band is boring I tend to forget about them and couldn't name them. The bands I can name would be bands I like or bands I would rather never have to listen to again.

Yes and Genesis are both in the area of my music preferences but apart from some rare exceptions just can't listen to either of them.

I have tried, and I do have a few Yes albums that I bought after hearing some of their stuff on the radio in the 70s but listening sessions are invariably short.

Can't listen to Springsteen at all. As ever each to their own.

Andy

advertisement

Back