advertisement

Ukraine IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure who you think you are lecturing to this morning. The vast majority of PF members were critical of the UKs involvement in the second Gulf War and as such can’t be accused of hypocrisy when speaking out against the invasion of Ukraine by Russia.
If you care to actually read my post you will see it was a question, not an assertion of any sort. Equally clear is the answer to your ‘who’ question, it’s there at the top of the post. Do you have an actual point to make?

If you care to actually read my post you will see it was a question, not an assertion of any sort. Equally clear is the answer to your ‘who’ question, it’s there at the top of the post. Do you have an actual point to make?
Can we not devolve this thread into a meandering discussion of "western hypocrisy?"

We have heard it multiple times now and understand your pov.

Can we not devolve this thread into a meandering discussion of "western hypocrisy?"

We have heard it multiple times now and understand your pov.
It was your friend Spraggons Den who meandered into the realm of hypocrisy, not me. I merely responded to a question about the morality of invasions raised by someone else.

It was your friend Spraggons Den who meandered into the realm of hypocrisy, not me. I merely responded to a question about the morality of invasions raised by someone else.
All you’re doing is fill this thread with noise cos you like to hear your own keyboard rattle.

Can you not formulate an argument with resort to petty insult?
That’s all you’re ever after all over this forum “an argument”. Presume you meant without not with, maybe you’re typing too fast.

Anyway back OT - it looks like Germany is kicking in measures to guard against Russian Gas supplies being cut off. Also they are finally delivering the 155mm with trained UA guys.

That’s all you’re ever after all over this forum “an argument”. Presume you meant without not with, maybe you’re typing too fast.

I’ve yet to make an argument, I just asked a question. One question and 3 replies that do not address the post, but make sarcastic remarks about the poster. Seems to be a theme of this thread.

Okay I shall accept the challenge (although i can't really remember the question) so I will go with my swinger. Is the answer one or a combination of the following:

a. NATO expansionism

b. US imperialism

c. Monetarism

d. Dukla Prague away kit

Okay I shall accept the challenge (although i can't really remember the question) so I will go with my swinger. Is the answer one or a combination of the following:

a. NATO expansionism

b. US imperialism

c. Monetarism

d. Dukla Prague away kit
The fact that you post ad him without understanding the question is telling.

The fact that you post ad him without understanding the question is telling.

I hope this is not ad hom, but I reckon you are one of the most argumentative posters here on PFM. Whenever there is an endless back and forward discussion on a thread, there’s a very high chance that you are at the centre of it!

I hope this is not ad hom, but I reckon you are one of the most argumentative posters here on PFM. Whenever there is an endless back and forward discussion on a thread, there’s a very high chance that you are at the centre of it!
Not ad hom, at least not part of the same litany of personal gripes that comes from your friend SD, but it is yet another post that attacks the poster and not the post. You are now the 4th poster to respond to a question with a personal attack. If a the response to asking a question is a personalised response, then the problem is not with me, but with those who lack the intellect to answer a question with a reasoned argument and resort instead to sarcasm and personal snipes.

Strange that you see a question as a lecture, they are two very different things. Why are questions ‘inappropriate’ to this thread? Is it a thread where questions are not allowed ?

because they are stupid and intellectually dishonest questions. Nobody said the falklands invasion was more pernicious than Iraq or Afghanistan…yet you still ask the question as if someone here said so.

the what about stuff at this point is beyond tedious. a separate thread would be good and would broaden the topic for you.

I think you somehow do not understand that the what aboutism, no matter your angle of argument, is seen by many as amenable to Putin as this is Putin’s own tactic for excusing his abhorrent actions.

Not disagreeing with any of that. But if there is a moral case against invading another country, as there most certainly is in the case of Putin, it has to be applied universally, not just in specific cases.

That is a rather absolutist view of morality. Reality may not fit it very well.

Perhaps "Is morality an absolute" needs a different thread to one that is specifically about Ukraine. Otherwise this does just what some trolls/shills may wish - to dilute and divert attention from the central issue *of this thread*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back