advertisement

Footwear - all purpose thread for footwear

Who had a pair of trendy clogs in the 70s then? You know, big fat wooden sole with a leather upper stapled on.
I had a white leather pair but with my high instep the leather was too painful across the top of my foot so I hardly wore them, pity they looked so cool with my bell-bottom denim suit :D

Most (edit) bases covered;

Charles Tyrwhitt leather chukka boots
Timberland nubuck chukka boots
Loake suede brogues
Clarks leather brogues
Timberland leather boat shoes
Timberland walking shoes
Keen walking boots
Toggi "leather" wellies
Brakeburn cork flip flops
Brakeburn cork sliders
Head webbing walking sandals
Clarks canvas pumps
Reebok water shoes
Crocs with detachable woolly linings (garden - winter)
Crocs sandals (garden - summer)

pictures on or off?
I exaggerated, they are only calf high:
https://flic.kr/p/2ntL99R
52166342417_47faa2023c_k.jpg

Who had a pair of trendy clogs in the 70s then? You know, big fat wooden sole with a leather upper stapled on.
I had a white leather pair but with my high instep the leather was too painful across the top of my foot so I hardly wore them, pity they looked so cool with my bell-bottom denim suit :D
I had a pair in blue leather that wrapped around the back; they were great but not much cop for driving. Mine were of Scandi origin unlike one of my fellow students who always wore Northern Industrial Clogs.

I am pretty much exclusively wearing Nike Air Max 90's and Air Force 1's; have three pairs that I designed myself.

Have some Arctic Sport Muck Boots for fishing when the weather is bad (otherwise it's Air Max 90's) and some dress shoes if someone forces me to wear some trousers.

I've been trying some vivo's out and have just sent them back as the insole on the left one started sliding up the back of my heel as I walked, which was annoying as hell. Shame as I was very into the idea of the foot working naturally.

According to physio I have hypermobility in both ankles and very little in the way of supporting ligament left (due to historical ankle twisting). Basically, my feet flop about on the end of my legs and this causes achilles tendonitis and shin splints as the wrong parts of the leg are taking the strain. He advised me only to wear support shoes, and use ankle braces when walking distance. I'm having a right pain finding shoes/trainers that don't hurt one foot or another at some point. I was very hopeful of the vivos and might try some other barefoot shoes out. Also looking at the ON range of support trainers as the next experiment (it is not cheap trying to find footwear that works!). It's a right pain having to concentrate on walking, and not just take each step for granted.
Mine are these…

52167460208_99445962c8_o.jpg

…which as you can see, grip around the ankle. Difficult to ‘slip on’, but once on are comfortable. You need to use the Vivo foot sizing thing to get the right size, but once done, great.

I have found that because I am using my whole foot, and feeling the ground under my feet, I am changing the way I walk to a more upright, less hands in pockets type of position which I think has helped with various foot and back issues

I've been trying some vivo's out and have just sent them back as the insole on the left one started sliding up the back of my heel as I walked, which was annoying as hell. Shame as I was very into the idea of the foot working naturally.

According to physio I have hypermobility in both ankles and very little in the way of supporting ligament left (due to historical ankle twisting). Basically, my feet flop about on the end of my legs and this causes achilles tendonitis and shin splints as the wrong parts of the leg are taking the strain. He advised me only to wear support shoes, and use ankle braces when walking distance. I'm having a right pain finding shoes/trainers that don't hurt one foot or another at some point. I was very hopeful of the vivos and might try some other barefoot shoes out. Also looking at the ON range of support trainers as the next experiment (it is not cheap trying to find footwear that works!). It's a right pain having to concentrate on walking, and not just take each step for granted.

that is me - mine is due to a congenital defect in relation to my achiles tendons. I have to concentrate so hard on where i walk and watch carefully for uneven surfaces. I have twisted my left ankle twice this year and my right ankle once. i have little in the way of ligaments attached, nerve damage and poor blood supply.....had physio from the age of 6, was told i would have severe mobility problems by the age of 18 - got to about 55 before problems started to emerge.......i can no longer drive a manual car, due to the damage in my left ankle

I wear these splints:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GHTMR76/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

although i should say i am not very good at remembering to use them all the time.

i find these On Running pretty supportive and comfortable and the splints fit them

https://www.on-running.com/en-gb/products/cloudventure-waterproof/mens/denim-midnight

they are really made for trail running, but i use them as everyday wear. The soles last about 2-2.5 years in a normal urban (street) environment.....

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
that is me - mine is due to a congenital defect in relation to my achiles tendons. I have to concentrate so hard on where i walk and watch carefully for uneven surfaces. I have twisted my left ankle twice this year and my right ankle once. i have little in the way of ligaments attached, nerve damage and poor blood supply.....had physio from the age of 6, was told i would have severe mobility problems by the age of 18 - got to about 55 before problems started to emerge.......i can no longer drive a manual car, due to the damage in my left ankle

I wear these splints:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GHTMR76/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

although i should say i am not very good at remembering to use them all the time.

i find these On Running pretty supportive and comfortable and the splints fit them

https://www.on-running.com/en-gb/products/cloudventure-waterproof/mens/denim-midnight

they are really made for trail running, but i use them as everyday wear. The soles last about 2-2.5 years in a normal urban (street) environment.....
Thanks, those are one of the ONs I had on my radar. Handy splint recommendation as well. I'm using Bauerfeind MalleoTrain Plus ones, as recommended by my physio, which are handed, so need one for each foot and not sodding cheap, although looking now the prices seem to have nearly doubled!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Mine are these…

52167460208_99445962c8_o.jpg

…which as you can see, grip around the ankle. Difficult to ‘slip on’, but once on are comfortable. You need to use the Vivo foot sizing thing to get the right size, but once done, great.

I have found that because I am using my whole foot, and feeling the ground under my feet, I am changing the way I walk to a more upright, less hands in pockets type of position which I think has helped with various foot and back issues

I have the gen1 version of those and they are really nice. The ground feel is for sure a game-changer in how you use your feet. In fact I haven't bought anything but Vivos for the most part in years and for running it's a pair of 5 fingers or barefoot when warm!

I have the gen1 version of those and they are really nice. The ground feel is for sure a game-changer in how you use your feet. In fact I haven't bought anything but Vivos for the most part in years and for running it's a pair of 5 fingers or barefoot when warm!
Running is a thing of the past for these knees

3 pairs of formal shoes from Barker (2 x brogues - 1 Oxford - in tan and dark brown)
1 pair of formal shoes from Browns (black brogues)
1 pair of walking shoes from Jack Wolfskin and another from North Face (black and grey)
1 pair Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 39 (running) (light grey)
1 pair Nike React Trail (wet running) (black)
1 pair of Nike Air Vapour Max (casual) (dark green)
1 pair of Nike Cortez (turquoise and red)
3 pairs of adidas Ultra Boost (in grey, green and navy - running, general sports and comfort)
1 pair of Common Projects (cream suede)
1 pair of Bally Asher (white)
1 pair of Axel Arigato Clean 90 (black)
3 pairs of Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 (white, cream, different colour stripes)
2 pairs of flip flops or ‘thongs’ if you don’t speak proper English

59.98915-cloud_5-ss22-niagara_black-m-g1.png

The most comfortable shoe ever made. Admittedly they only last two weeks but, wow, what a fortnight.

which model?

I have three pairs of On Running. The waterproof ones are good, others lack the support I need, and the last pair the rise is not right for me feet and kills my ankles

advertisement

Back