advertisement

BBC 1 SHERWOOD. 5 star heads up.

Neither, Tony, though I watched both. The one I referred to was sub-titled as it was a French production.

Can’t think of a French programme
Like that Mike and I watch most of the French and continental stuff like montalbano and the bridge etc as mentioned previously not Spiral?

I don't get why the bloke from the met is following Marcus Aurelius about.

He was sent up there to provide some supporting evidence and now appears to be working the case. If I was the other bloke I'd be baffled by his continued presence and be asking why he's still here. Doesn't he have a job to go back to? Can a police officer from another force just wander in to any police station and start working? Does it work like that? I would have thought he'd have had to formalise detached duty at the request of the other force.

Other than that, amazing cast and intriguing story.

The missing and or Baptiste?

I've just started watching the Dublin Murders on BBC Iplayer its absolutely brilliant.

Apologies for going off topic .
Hi, slightly off topic but the Missing was great, especially the first series. I watched one or two episodes of Baptiste but wasn’t impressed at all.

Interesting how things that are known about for years are suddenly brought into sharp focus.
The speech by NUM lawyer (Lindsay Hale).
Resonates today with attacks on RMT.

We finally got to watch this drama, and are thoroughly enjoying it. Great cast, really gripping. On too late for us, but we're really looking forward to watching last night's episode.

This reminds me of one of my favourite PGW quotes:

Jeeves said : "'I wonder if I might draw your attention to an observation of the Emperor Marcus Aurelius? He said "Does anything befall you? It is good. It is part of the destiny of the universe ordained for you from the beginning. All that befalls you is part of the great web.'"

I breathed a bit stertorously. 'He said that, did he?'

'Yes, sir.'

'Well, you can tell him from me he's an ass.'"

My Mrs decided to rewatch episode one again, and then watch episode two to give it a second chance. Despite a sterling cast and great acting she says it is tedious beyond belief, and wont be watching more. At least she gave it a second chance unlike me......

I caught the last ten minutes of last night’s episode. It seemed to be about some ghastly people doing ghastly things and, as the late Peter Cook put it, we have quite enough of that at home.

I don't think it's the pace as much as, given it's written by James Graham, it's very theatre like which is not for everyone especially when so much mainstream TV is so plot driven. The acting really is off the charts good though and makes one proud to be British.

On the whole the programme is very good, but the idea that a couple of blokes would go camping in the woods when there's a crossbow wielding madman at large does require a big suspension of disbelief.

On the whole the programme is very good, but the idea that a couple of blokes would go camping in the woods when there's a crossbow wielding madman at large does require a big suspension of disbelief.

Aye thought that was completely ridiculous and not just one murderous mad man but two cutting about in the woods which actually happened in 2004 when those murderes were committed.

Presumably the police spy isn’t the train driver murderer otherwise the cross bow maniac would have killed him in the woods.

Can’t think of a French programme
Like that Mike and I watch most of the French and continental stuff like montalbano and the bridge etc as mentioned previously not Spiral?

Asked my skin today and she said 'The Promise'. She also said it was in the same vein or manner/direction etc. as 'Spiral'. Police chief father tries to nail a child killer in rural France but dies. 20 years later, his DCI daughter takes up the case and the plot yo-yos from past to present, so 2 investigations in one with many people connected to both eras.

but the idea that a couple of blokes would go camping in the woods when there's a crossbow wielding madman at large does require a big suspension of disbelief.

Think you mean 'suspension of belief'.:). Anyway, I'm sure the campers didn't go into the woods with intent, knowing 'The Archers' was being enacted.

advertisement

Back