advertisement

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer VII

Well, he’s in his office by 5am. If he’s got big deals to close, will be there until 11pm, occasionally pulling an all nighter. Will catch up with the mundane stuff at the weekend. Not every week of course, but will do what’s needed when it’s needed. Plenty of others who’ll be doing similar.
Your boss needs the protection of a Union and you doubly so...

Indeed it is, although he does have some fairly hefty commitments but again, that’s his choice. A friend has said it’s going to cost him, allowing for inflation and all the extras, £3M (after tax) to put his kids (5) through the schooling of his choice. Again, 100% his choice but I’d imagine it would focus the mind somewhat.
poor sod. Is that why he is driving you so hard so he can make his margin? Do you get paid extra for the extra days he demands?

poor sid. Is that why he is driving you so hard so he can make his margin? Do you get paid extra for the extra days he demands?

Appreciate the concern but think you’ve got your wires crossed. He’s my lawyer, in charge of his own destiny and does what he does entirely at will. Oh, and he’s bloody good, the best. The £3M schools fees guy is a friend with a similar work ethic. When I was working daft hours, if I didn’t like it, I was free to leave and find another job at any point.

Was reminded the other day of the smaller thing Blair did while in power like banning smoking in pubs. Must have saved many lives.

I don’t know what the Starmer line is with the strikes but it’s a Tory mess so why play into their hands? A bit of party discipline would be a new thing for Labour.

I don’t know what the Starmer line is with the strikes but it’s a Tory mess so why play into their hands? A bit of party discipline would be a new thi.

Yes the strike can be turned against Labour. This is what they will try and say:

Boris’s brave firm stance will protect us from dangerous leftists who are spoiling our lives by trying to force through inflationary, reactionary, luddite ideas. Leftists who blackmail the country, and in doing so stop us from going to work to earn and to buy things, and from going on holiday with our families. Labour, the fools, won’t even condemn this insane and scary militancy - on the contrary, we all know they support the union toads. Hence Labour are mad left rotten commie rats. We need Boris to take care of us, to save us from this deeply frightening lefty threat to all that is dear to the British people. Vote for Boris! Boris for Prime Minister! Boris rah! rah! rah!

This is what Starmer says, it's not hard: The strikes are nothing to do with us. The Government could choose to solve them today but it doesn't want to, it is nonsense to suggest that they are powerless. Working people have paid the price of Tory failure through austerity, covid and now the latest mess. I'm not going to condemn the unions or my MPs who choose to support their constituents in fighting for an honest pay increase. We call on the Prime Minister to get his act together immediately.

Is that what he said? Well, what Starmer ( the SCAB ) has said looks ok. Is there a problem with it?

This is what Starmer says, it's not hard: The strikes are nothing to do with us. The Government could choose to solve them today but it doesn't want to, it is nonsense to suggest that they are powerless. Working people have paid the price of Tory failure through austerity, covid and now the latest mess. I'm not going to condemn the unions or my MPs who choose to support their constituents in fighting for an honest pay increase. We call on the Prime Minister to get his act together immediately.
Yes, this. It's not that hard. There will of course be downsides but that's politics. The Mail and the Tories are going to call them mad Marxists anyway. As it stands Labour are failing to do the very basic things required to maintain their core vote while congratulating themselves for not falling into the Tories' clever traps. They're treating real issues like they're media games and while there are times when that probably makes sense this isn't one of them.

Sooner or later Starmer will have to decided if he is “shoulder to shoulder” with the unions, or in the shadow of Daily Mail headlines. At the moment he just appears to be trying to be in both places at once. Unfortunately Starmer is not Shrodinger’s cat, we need to know if he’s alive or dead.

52164688523_8dcf22516d.jpg

I don’t see a lot wrong with that statement except it is at odds with his ban on Labour MP’s on picket lines. Sooner or later Starmer will have to decided if he is “shoulder to shoulder” with the unions, or in the shadow of Daily Mail headlines. At the moment he just appears to be trying to be in both places at once.

That's why he needs to take a stand. The Tory press will say what they want to, regardless of what he says. They'll just fabricate a story if they have to.

That's why he needs to take a stand. The Tory press will say what they want to, regardless of what he says. They'll just fabricate a story if they have to.
Absolutely. Just edited post to more accurately reflect what I was trying to say, but agree 100%

In other Daily Mail news: Johnson is bunging a peerage to far-right/nationalist racist bigot propagandist Paul Dacre. Utter scum ennobling utter scum.

At the moment, the Mail et Al do not have to fabricate anything, Starmer is handing the Daily Mail front page headlines like the one today. If Starmer actually took a position he might be in a position to call out the Tories as liars in the manner of Mick Lynch who seems to be gaining popularity as a result of his forthright honesty.

advertisement

Back