advertisement

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up this morning to see that smarmy git Richard Madeley going for the jugular and asking Mick Lynch if he was a Marxist which Lynch denied.
From there on, Lynch put his points forward in an intelligent and dignified manner which clearly put Madeley's nose out of joint.
I get in the car and tune into Radio 5, much the same approach to RMT as Madeley offered unfortunately - The mere word 'Union' don't half put the shits up some it seems;)

If you read my post you’ll see my calculation was based on working 7 days a week.

Well, he’s in his office by 5am. If he’s got big deals to close, will be there until 11pm, occasionally pulling an all nighter. Will catch up with the mundane stuff at the weekend. Not every week of course, but will do what’s needed when it’s needed. Plenty of others who’ll be doing similar.

Well, he’s in his office by 5am. If he’s got big deals to close, will be there until 11pm, occasionally pulling an all nighter. Will catch up with the mundane stuff at the weekend. Not every week of course, but will do what’s needed when it’s needed. Plenty of others who’ll be doing similar.

Sounds like he needs the protection of a union.

So no different to, say, a teacher or a nurse or someone who has to take on several jobs just to make ends meet because pay and conditions are so poor.

Your lawyer’s remarks about ‘if you don’t like it, move to a better job’ is ignorant, selfish and remarkably inconsiderate of the reality of working life for many people in todays Tory Britain

Hard ass, More of these snowflakes should be like him.

Why is working excessive hours considered a virtue? And more to the point, while working excessive hours produces handsome rewards for a few, why is it pushed as a virtue upon the many who do not get rewards? How has working longer and longer to get less and less in return become a target objective, a desired goal? How far can we go in this direction until we get close to slavery?

In a civilised world, we would be heading in the other direction.

Why is working excessive hours considered a virtue? And more to the point, while working excessive hours produces handsome rewards for a few, why is it pushed as a virtue upon the many who do not get rewards? How has working longer and longer to get less and less in return become a target objective, a desired goal? How far can we go in this direction until we get close to slavery?

In a civilised world, we would be heading in the other direction.

You might know this ks but in the 70s the Teachers' unions found that early retirement led to longer life expectancy.

You might know this ks but in the 70s the Teachers' unions found that early retirement led to longer life expectancy.
Absolutely, and not just in the 70’s, we were using Insurance Co data to show the life expectancy benefits of early retirement in my time as a caseworker just a few years ago. If we had a government that cared about quality of life above profit margins, they would be lowering the retirement age, not raising it.

Absolutely, and not just in the 70’s, we were using Insurance Co data to show the life expectancy benefits of early retirement in my time as a caseworker just a few years ago. If we had a government that cared about quality of life above profit margins, they would be lowering the retirement age, not increasing it.

We're going backwards rapidly. I think we're the only G20 nation with declining life expectancy

Strikes should not be outlawed. If they were, we'd just get revolutions and we definitely don't want one of those.

Still looking for nurses, teachers and young barristers to be paid as much as the Brexit-loving RMT members. Not hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back