advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2022 remastered edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Labour movement’s formal position on Brexit (like a patient leaflet for an incurable disease) ‘you can learn to live with it’?

But is it an ideology adopted by the EU? I would say that the UK is moving away from the EU and closer to the US in that respect. But I am only another one of those bloody EU foreigners living in England.
But it is an ideology adopted by both the EU and the US, that is my point. The EU has a number of measures, like taxation, to mitigate against the worst excesses of that ideology while the US is already at the point of rampant privatisation on no public services. Having left the EU to escape EU those imposed safety measures the UK is now very much heading for the US interpretation.

As for your last sentence, I have no idea where that has come from, or why you have addressed it to me. I have done nothing but stand firmly against the politics and culture promoted by our Tory government.

Labour has a position? On anything?
Is there any polling data on members’ views on Brexit or is that the question that dare not speak its name? I’m trying to think of an issue as radioactive that has caused this much damage to the Cons, Lab and LD.

I don't think that the EU did adopt it. I'd like to see your reasoning.
The basic tenets of the monetarist economic are in the EU economic controls on government spending, deficit ceilings and debt to GDP ratios and the notion that government money comes from revenue

Is there any polling data on members’ views on Brexit or is that the question that dare not speak its name? I’m trying to think of an issue as radioactive that has caused this much damage to the Cons, Lab and LD.
I am no longer a member of the Labour Party so I can’t answer that question, but the about Party has quite explicitly marginalised the voice of the membership over that last few years, so no matter how loud the voice, it won’t count.

Hopefully the ideological stupidity of Tory Brexit will come to bite Boris on the arse. Most likely to happen over NI. Having voted to put up borders, he is now wanting to bring them down again. Hopefully both camps of the Tory party will be unhappy enough to make their voices heard.

The basic tenets of the monetarist economic are in the EU economic controls on government spending, deficit ceilings and debt to GDP ratios and the notion that government money comes from revenue

Where does it come from?

Divide and conquer.

The 0.1% divert the attention of the 99.9% by setting them against each other. Brexit vs Remain, White vs Brown, poor vs middle class. While this is going on the 0.1% and their political enablers quietly carry on embezzling the wealth of the nation. Brexit voters have been their useful idiots.

This seems to be the narrative re: the upcoming strikes here in Brexit Britain - the government are deliberately sitting back and stocking conflict I assume because they think it will play well with their political base and help GOTV in next week's local elections.

No, it started with your notion of “common good”.

If you are now arguing for restoring our relationship with the EU, that is a different argument, and frankly one that is for the birds. We will not be restoring our relationship with the EU. It won’t happen. We’ve left. We can’t turn the clock back.

But we could rejoin the SM/CU.

Oh no, hang on. We're in the CHAOS...

There's no threat at all if you support the concept of Europa, the EU's endgame. I don't.

Appalling. Austerity was an EU-wide policy, and the UK was an EU member state.

And, fwiw, no, I don't have a high opinion of successive Conservative governments. It's conservative governments that got us into this mess in the first place.

Indeed, Remainers don't see a lot of 'threat', they see opportunities to collaborate, negotiate and progress - and they'd rather focus on the greater good, e.g. peace and prosperity, than, for example, overly aggressive postering towards out-groups so practised by our government (and the comrades). They are more pro social as well.

The question, and I know after the recent meltdown that I'm taking a risk here, was...what is the actual objective threat?

PS It's not clear how the EU forced George to enact austerity in this county.

Apart from the undisguised racism in this comment, I don't understand the point. So a person can drive from France to Germany, lose 250 euros in a fruit machine and get a receipt for what? How does a receipt for "winning" 5000 euros benefit you when it has cost you 250?
There is never any racism in me. Not ever.

The kebab shops give you a receipt saying you have won an agreed amount based on you putting an agreed amount in their machines. You can then take your 'winnings' and put it in your bank account. And when your bank asks where the cash came from you have a receipt from a German registered business declaring it as winnings. It is therefore cleaned and there is no tax to pay.

It's not rocket science.

Everyone? Or specifically immigrants, "the ones that run kebab shops" (nudge, wink)?
This is ridiculous. Only the kebab shops have the machines. The bakeries, supermarkets, cycle shops locksmiths and banks etc simply do not.

You're being pathetic. And you clearly do not know the town I work in and enjoy working in so just shut up trying to call this racism.

Indeed, Remainers don't see a lot of 'threat', they see opportunities to collaborate, negotiate and progress - and they'd rather focus on the greater good, e.g. peace and prosperity, than, for example, overly aggressive postering towards out-groups so practised by our government (and the comrades). They are more pro social as well.

The question, and I know after the recent meltdown that I'm taking a risk here, was...what is the actual objective threat?

PS It's not clear how the EU forced George to enact austerity in this county.
It’s the hissing head of Medusa . Even talking softly and rationally about never mind confronting it, is politically fatal “You’re trying to undo Brexit!”.

It’s the hissing head of Medusa . Even talking softly and rationally about never mind confronting it, is politically fatal “You’re trying to undo Brexit!”.

Speaking of....Farage has popped up again because he thinks Brexit is in danger - Conservatives can't finish it, the botched Rwanda 'plan' and potential poor local election results.

“We’ve taken back control of our racism”. They’ll be wondering, is there somewhere even more awful than Rwanda we can transport them to? I’m surprised their brethren in Australia missed a business opportunity in not leasing them a scorched rock with a landing strip in shark infested seas.

The voice of Mr.Halitosis
tqmixcP.jpg

Nigel Farage believes “leftie lawyers” could bring an early halt to the new Rwanda immigration scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back