advertisement

hot hot hot - tips for keeping cool

Wash my car at 5am. Fresh alloys on by 7am. (All in the shade).

Drive to a local beauty spot and have an ice cream on my day off. A/C on of course in the car :p

GPRdD7P.jpg

Just been out cycling down the canal paths for a couple of hours. Enough of a breeze not to be too hot, really nice actually.

PS I saw someone walking a cat on a lead. A cat. On a lead. Actually happened.
In Tring recently, man with cat on his shoulder, walking along the high st.

I really dont get the media panic, its 32c ffs hardly death valley.
Exactly, try Perth in Aus or Phoenix in Arizona both of which I have lived in, this is a nice spring temp there.

I’m outside today wielding the sledgehammer and it’s not so bad really.

I'm just back from a 4 mile walk , Yes I am now dripping wet , replenishing my fluid level with a pint of water then in the shower ,

Some good tips on keeping cool.

A few more that the OP may find useful.

a) Don't wear a hat, coat, scarf, gloves, jumper, cardigan, etc. They make you feel hotter.
b) Don't turn your central heating on. Or any other heaters, for that matter. Not needed when the weather is this hot.
c) Don't cook a roast dinner. Will heat up the kitchen.

most excellent tips - exactly what i was looking for

PS I saw someone walking a cat on a lead. A cat. On a lead. Actually happened.

not entirely unusual - we used with Z&M when they were younger. Ziggy was too much of a fidget so we stopped and Marley just wanted to sniff everything - took 40 mins to get to the co-op normally 10 mins away. We gave up. But Marley didnt really mind the harness....

There was us thinking things were comfortably cooler tonight....

20220617-205626.jpg

Shows what you're used to...just a ceiling fan for me :p

Keep the curtains closed on any windows in direct sunlight.
Doesn't help, sorry: the curtains get warm and radiate heat to the rest of the room. You have to keep the sun rays out with an outside blind, shutters or an awning.

If you want instant relief a cold shower or ice-bath works well.

There is a theory that heating yourself up will help cool you down. A nice vindaloo should do it.

advertisement

Back