advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: IV VONC

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a very cool letter, almost frosty. Clearly no love lost there.
The recipient has the thick skin of a classic thug. Any TV related interview will consist of the eye swivelling, the smirk, the glance over to his adviser, ending with the usual diversion to “delivering on the People’s agenda”.

Lord Geidt seems endowed with the flexibility of a gymnast and can perhaps be criticized for having not writing this letter months ago, but the latest events and demands were too much even for him.

Amazing to see what the UK has become in the last 10 years. The rot probably set in a long time ago, but the corruption of the country's main institutions has reached a level one normally associates with other parts of the world. This deterioration is not confined to the UK, unfortunately. We live in strange times.

The Prime Minister said it came as a total surprise. Strangely His Lordship had referred to prior bogus assertions of “miscommunication between his and the PM’s office”.

R4 speclation it was to do with steel tarifs....sounded massively unconvincing to me.
I agree, I thought the ministerial code was about individuals not the whole cabinet*. Unless Richie Rich was going to buy British Steel and then benefit from said tariffs.
*and 'Mad Nads' has put paid to the convention of Cabinet Collective Responsibility with her attack on Handcock last week

Isn't it BoJo's declared tactic to throw a dead dog on the table when a discussion wasn't going his way in order to put everyone off the scent??

Lord Geidt appears to have taken this on board and now has throw a Big Dog on the table!! Let's hope that some knows how to exploit it.

FF

This whole despicable shit show of a govt is out of control. The PM is a lying incompetent with all of the leadership and inspirational qualities of a dried out dead slug. Meanwhile his 'cabinet' are thrashing about making up policy 'on the hoof' and following Johnson's only lead.. that anything goes, say and do what you like,...**** the Law **** the EU, **** NI, and **** the electorate. And still the BBC manages to find one supporter to match everyone who sees through Johnson.
It really is way beyond a joke now.

This whole despicable shit show of a govt is out of control. The PM is a lying incompetent with all of the leadership and inspirational qualities of a dried out dead slug. Meanwhile his 'cabinet' are thrashing about making up policy 'on the hoof' and following Johnson's only lead.. that anything goes, say and do what you like,...**** the Law **** the EU, **** NI, and **** the electorate. And still the BBC manages to find one supporter to match everyone who sees through Johnson.
It really is way beyond a joke now.

With regard to the last part of your posting, I wonder whether you’ve seen this? Starring the wonderful Patrick Stewart, a little bit of Monty Python in the mix.

https://twitter.com/rupertmyers/status/1537075478980399106

Meanwhile, the search for the good Tory continues...

FVUXNPqXEAk_iDq

Pretty grim isn’t it, when a U.K. minister can be distinguished for not being a lying incompetent? It’s the same phenomenon when people breath a sigh of relief that Jeremy Bell-End Hunt is going to run for leadership of the Party. Qualifications: odious politics but apparently not criminal.

Zaharia is one of the most insincere, poorly briefed ministers in the cabinet from what I’ve seen of his tv appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back