advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Health and Safety committee, listening to reports about Lidar, Radiation, Biological, renewal of drone licences CAA regulations...... etc..... and trip hazards

getting a call alarm sorted for someone . found out that they have no landline except that supplied by internet . not very good really . will have to sort that

Knocking together a sewing table for my SO. Next is an ironing table then I should be able to crack on with a pair of speakers.

Went for a walk in The Field, but went past the Church instead.

Met an old neighbour from 15+ years ago - they moved away, but have moved back to the area.
In that delightful unconscious way down-to-earth folk speak, he told me about all of his illnesses, and then told me in graphic terms what his Wife has had wrong with her ‘downstairs’ area…
Bless him. He knows I was a Nurse - I gave him a bollocking once when I found out he had driven to A&E after having a Heart Attack, rather than contact me 4 doors away.
He now has leukaemia. Lost lots of weight. It was nice to listen to him tell me his woes for 20 minutes, although I could have done with a bench to sit on. I had to keep shifting my weight off of my gammy leg. I might not see him again, so the discomfort was a side issue.
He remembered my name - I remembered the name of his Wife. All gravy. (that isn’t her name)

Wife has been to a local junior school to help young children who need support with reading, I can’t remember the name of the charity - Wife has been doing this for years now. Finds it very rewarding, but incredibly tiring - the focus one needs to give the child the help is intense.
Occasionally Wife refers a child for support because of potential abuse at their home. Things come out when talking one-to-one that wouldn’t present in the classroom.
Rather her than me, I would rather just work in a hospice…
(excuse the twisted nurse humour)

Playing with my interpretation of chinese food today. I make it up, with some experience of technique that I used to practice on the kids. It’s all in the preparation. Veg chopped at funny angles and all that. Bit of this and that wrapped around garlic, ginger and 5 spice (not much) even got chopped cucumber and lettuce to go in it… if The Wife eats it, then all is well.
Decades ago I made 4 pints of Borscht. Nobody liked it so I ate all of it. Next day I thought I was bleeding to death out of my bottom. Joy of Beetroot :) Funny what one remembers sometimes

Decades ago I made 4 pints of Borscht. Nobody liked it so I ate all of it. Next day I thought I was bleeding to death out of my bottom. Joy of Beetroot :) Funny what one remembers sometimes

I love beetroot, but it can be a bit alarming the next morning. When I was working in India I had a delicious beetroot curry.

my great grandparents used to make Borscht, a half clove of raw garlic with every spoonful was the tradition.

2nd day of a Sparkle Clean in Hampshire, fortunately the roads were kind. Went mob handed today and got it finished mid afternoon. I’m lucky to have a great team.

Cheers BB

A nice WFH productive day, followed by my brother fixing our alarm system (turned it off and then back on again :D), then a good MTB ride with a mate, and now just finished watching The Super league show. Now a bit of PFM.

Good day that.

Spent far too long trying to work out how to open an LG Magic Remote, which has acquired a habit of causing the TV to flick through random pages or activating Amazon.
Found out how to reset it on the internet, but it didn’t last. Even remote controls appear to be unserviceable.
I will take a large screwdriver to it shortly. There is no sign of any screws in the battery compartment, and no obvious place to prise it apart.
Does one just have to buy a new one?

yeah-i-know-at59om.jpg

But it’s not one of those. No sign of any way in. I suspect there’s a dirty contact pad, or maybe I spilt my coffee on it
Thanks anyway!

Last edited:
Ha! Finally got into it using an old plastic doobry I had in the tool box when it was a thing to pull iPods apart to change the battery.

Yup, red wine. Especially around the contacts next to the Amazon button. Let's see what happens once I run some IPA over it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back